🎵 AotW AOTW: Chuck Mangione - FEELS SO GOOD (SP-4658)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

Chuck Mangione
FEELS SO GOOD

A&M SP-4658

sp4658.jpg

Released 1977
Peaked at #1 on the Jazz Album charts and #2 on the Pop Albums charts (1978)

Format: Vinyl/MFSL Vinyl/8-Track/Cassette/CD

Produced by Chuck Mangione

Songs:
  • 1. Feels So Good - 9:41
    2. Maui-Waui - 10:12
    3. Theme From "Side Street" - 2:03
    4. Hide & Seek (Ready Or Not Here I Come) - 6:30
    5. Last Dance - 10:56
    6. The XIth Commandment - 6:34

All selections written and arranged by Chuck Mangione and published by Gates Music, Inc. (BMI)

Musicians:
Chuck Mangione - Flugelhorn, Electric Piano
Chris Vadala - Soprano, Tenor and Baritone Saxes, Piccolo, Flute and Alto Flute
Grant Geissman - Electric, Acoustic, 12-String and Classical Guitars
Charles Meeks - Bass
James Bradley, Jr. - Drums, Congas, Timbales

Recorded and Mixed at Kendun Recorders, Burbank, California
Engineer: Mick Guzauski
Assistant Engineer: Stillman Kelly
Mastering Engineer: Rick Collins

Art Direction: Roland Young
Design: Junie Osaki
Photography: Benno Friedman
Management: Tom Iannaccone

Capt. Bacardi

Hard to visualize the success this album was for Chuck, if not for the appeal of "Feels So Good" making it to #2 on the commercial-Pop Charts...

Otherwise, the remaining songs, tried & true, couldn't make the same impression, aside from being a similar caliber, showing the ever-increasing parallels of Jazz & hit-making radio Pop, while unfortunately offering little to the more serious connoisseur of either genre individually...

Dave

I think it was kept from # 1 by the "Saturday Night Fever" (movie soundtrack). Matt Clark Sanford, MI

I need to spin this LP again one of these days. I've always liked its easygoing sound, and it was popular among some of us during high school.

While "Feels So Good" got most of the air play, my favorite song was the rockin' "Hide And Seek". This was a commercial success for Mangione, but due to that success he lost his creative touch such as when he did his orchestral pieces. His albums went downhill after this for the most part.

Capt. Bacardi

I felt that "Fun and Games" was too similar of an album, although I still like some of the tracks on that one as well. The inevitable live album that followed "Feels" was a cash-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom