🎵 AotW AOTW: Claudine Longet RUN WILD, RUN FREE (A&M SP 4232)

If you've owned or heard this album, how would you rate it?

• * * * * * (Best)

Votes: 3 27.3%

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • * * * (Average)

Votes: 1 9.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • * (Worst)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Haven't heard this album.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
CLAUDINE LONGET
Run WIld Run Free
A&M SP4232

sp4232.jpg

Side One: Everybody's Talkin' 2:40/ Lazy Summer Night 2:45/ Little Man (Little Woman) 2:35/ A Bushel and a Peck 3:25/ Love Can Never Die 2:56.
Side Two: Something 2:20/ Don't Remind me now of Time 2:51/ Golden Slumbers 2:47/ Run Wild, Run Free 2:41/ This Changing World 3:07/ Thank You Baby 2:42.

Produced and arranged by Nick DeCaro/ Engineer Dick Bogert/ Studio: A&M Recording Studio/ Art Direction Tom Wilkes/ Photography front cover by Jerry White; back cover Guy Webster.

CD: Japan import; not sure of the POCM # because I haven't found this one yet.

sp4232.jpg

Even Eb, the webmaster of the Cuddle Up With Claudine site, is unsure of the Japanese release of RUN WILD, RUN FREE. His page in his discography on this album:

http://home.earthlink.net/~elbroome/longet/runwild.html

lists it as POCM-1943 with a question mark after it.

I managed to get those first four albums on Japanese CD when the old Thoughtscape Sounds site had a $9.99 clearacnce on them, but I've not yet run across a listing or auction for this last full-album appearance for Claudine on A&M on CD. Three of the eleven tracks on this album can be found on the Japanese A&M DIGITALLY REMASTERED BEST CD. They are: "Everybody's Talkin'", "Lazy Summer Night", and "Love Can Never Die."

Fairly recently I finally located a vinyl copy of RUN WILD, RUN FREE. Most times it shows up on eBay, the bidding gets hot and heavy, particularly if it's in good shape. I guess Claudine's fans or collectors know it's a bit difficult to come by these days. For me, the album ranks up there with her better efforts on A&M.

Harry
NP: RUN WILD, RUN FREE, Claudine Longet

Never have been a huge fan of Claudine's voice, but I've gotta say, this album's cover art is gorgeous.

- William

I think Steve S. may have this one on CD. Maybe he'll sign in and let us know!

-= N =-
...Unix-ing, today...

One question: Wasn't this one of Ms. Longet's last A&M albums (if not her last, outright)? I do know that she would go on to record for then-hubby Andy Williams' Barnaby label.

Claudine's first Lp, Claudine, was a wonderful introduction to her original style. Next best effort (IMHO) was The Look Of Love, followed by Colours. However, when it comes to my favorite Claudine album, Run Wild, Run Free wins hands down.

The arrangements are top-notch, material perfectly suited to Claudine's whispery voice. "Everybody's Talking," "Don't Remind Me Now Of Time," "Run Wild, Run Free," "Bushel and a Peck," "Golden Slumbers" and "Love Will Never Die" are standouts for me.

Cover art is sensational. Up there with Colours, which I found to be a sensational concept (though you'll grow dizzy trying to read the liner notes and track selections...'60s chic in design).

Run Wild, Run Free is one of Claudine's shining moments. And, ya'll who have it on CD...I envy you. I've not been able to secure a copy yet! Oh well, ya'll know me...the vinyl (if well maintained) is OK in my book. Besides, I burned my own copy of Run Wild, Run Free and it sounds great.

A definite "10" in my book.

Brasil_Nut

When I found the 1st four A&M CD reissues, there was a fifth disc which came out at the same time. This was a BEST OF-type compilation with tracks from the first 4 plus some non-LP singles. I never saw RUN WILD on CD, and the record store couldnt' find it. Perhaps it came out earlier (pre-POCM series)?

LPJim said:
Side One: Everybody's Talkin' 2:40/ Lazy Summer Night 2:45/ Little Man (Little Woman) 2:35/ A Bushel and A Peck 3:25/ Love Can Never Die 2:56.
Side Two: Something 2:20/ Don't Remind Me Now of Time 2:51/ Golden Slumbers 2:47/ Run Wild, Run Free 2:41/ This Changing World 3:07/ Thank You, Baby 2:42.

Produced and arranged by Nick DeCaro/ Engineer Dick Bogert/ Studio: A&M Recording Studio/ Art Direction Tom Wilkes/ Front cover photography by Jerry White; back cover by Guy Webster.

CD: Japan import; not sure of the POCM # because I haven't found this one yet.

Easily the end of her run of Claudine's career on A&M. I would have been the one who would have given this ** Two Stars. Two Non-LP '45's were also released after this was issued: "Shadows Of The Night (Qunintin's Theme)", which was one of the many her ex-hubby, Andy Williams also sang and "Nothing To Lose", which coincided with her con-current role on the Peter Sellers flick, THE PARTY, was another single. Both would be good bonus tracks if this ever were reissued.

The duet with Nick DeCaro, "A Bushel and A Peck" is my favorite song on this one and it would have been neat to a see a duet album by the two. Claudine even wrote the liner notes for the back of Nick's A&M album, HAPPY HEART. And "Something", "Everybody's Talkin'", "Love Can Never Die" and "Lazy Summer Night" are also ones I like.

Dave

Eb's Cuddle Up With Claudine site mentions this in the news page:

August 27: Sheer madness. A copy of the Japanese Run Wild, Run Free CD sold for $312.00 on eBay.

So I guess it really DOES exist. Just not in a large quantity!

Harry
...content with the vinyl for now, online...

If I were on a long trip in my car, I would want MANY other things to listen to in additional to this... :help:

I guess I am saying that a little of her goes a long way with me, and that is probably due to her rather unusual vocal quality. Becomes tiring rather quickly, for me at least...

I do however, think that she has some good songs here and there, but I probably would rather hear them done by someone else most of the time...I remember her most for The Look Of Love and Hello, Hello (the old Sopwith Camel tune...).

I do enjoy looking at her, however... :tongue:

Well, I would welcome a CD edition of RUN WILD RUN FREE, myself. I've still got her other four A&M's on CD, too. As well as WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN--expensive, but hard to find good vinyl of. My vinyl copy of WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING plays well--guess the MGM Distribution of this title as opposed to the CBS Distribution of the former made a difference; the print on CD was very hard to see, too. I've got THE BEST OF--just to have the few songs from the EIGHTH album SUGAR ME, said to be a "Lost Album" and to have her and the Andy Williams duet (as opposed to Tommy LiPuma) on "Small Talk"--quite a suprise there.

Still never get tired of seeing the cover of RUN WILD...

Dave :D

As ubiquitous as her other A&M albums are (I can't say I've ever been in a Goodwill where I HAVEN'T run into a copy of "The Look of Love" or "Claudine"!), in all the 18+ years I've been record-collecting, I've never ONCE seen a copy of this album! (Although I've seen the cover art on the Claudine web site, and I agree with you all, it's pretty great album art! :D )What's the book value on original copies of the album these days, does anyone know?

Harry said:
Eb's Cuddle Up With Claudine site mentions this in the news page:

August 27: Sheer madness. A copy of the Japanese Run Wild, Run Free CD sold for $312.00 on eBay.

So I guess it really DOES exist. Just not in a large quantity!

Harry
...content with the vinyl for now, online...

I know...I'm the one who bought the darn thing! It was my "Once A Year" splurge. I always said that if a CD copy of this came along, I'd pay whatever it took to secure one. And, boy...did I!

Jon

...the poorer (but happier) Brasil Nut...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom