🎵 AotW CONTEMPORARY GIANTS (A&M SP 4234)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
This is another mystery item; not sure which tracks would have been included, because it was not released. The album was supposed to be an A&M/CTI artist compilation. Perhaps the idea was shelved until much later, in favor of releasing SP 3000 and 3021.
JB

I have to question why an album that was never released and that no one has ever heard was still posted as an AOTW. Not a lot of possibility for discussion... :?:

- William

There were many cases of A&M assigning a catalog number to albums which were not released, at least at the time they were recorded. I can only speak for myself --- and perhaps numerically oriented A&M collectors like Mr. Bill --- in being curious about these lost albums. Were they ever recorded? What would the cover art have looked like? Are the tapes in a vault somewhere? What caused the project to be shelved?
Sometimes lost albums resurface. The best example is THE PARADE (A&M LP 127/ SP 4127) from 1967. The album wasn't released, although many of its songs came out on 45s, until A&M of Japan issued it on CD a few years ago. UNDER MILKWOOD (SP 4226 - from 1970) didn't get released until the early '90s.
Some reissue label exec might see this thread and decide SP 4234 needs to be made available. That's as good a reason to discuss these lost items as any, I suppose.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom