🎵 AotW AOTW: Cory Wells - AHEAD OF THE STORM (SP-4736)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Cory Wells
AHEAD OF THE STORM

A&M SP-4736

sp4736.jpg

Cory Wells, born in Buffalo NY in 1942, is one of three lead vocalists in Three Dog Night.

TRACKS:

Comin' Home
Why-Oh-You (You)
Hold on and Do it Right
Jail Break
One Jump Ahead of the Storm

Hard Times
Maggie
You Don't Know Like I Know
Goin' Down, Down, Down
I just Can't Turn My Habit Into Love

Available on CD through amazon.com

JB

Another Three Dog Night member's solo album offshoot, which hardly got noticed, much like his last effort...

The one highlight is Sam & Dave's "You Don't Know, Like I Know", a Hall & Oates clone, which at least A&M label-mate, Peter Frampton would also later do...

Otherwise, the other one good song, "One Jump Ahead Of The Storm" at least got notoriety of having seen a version by Nancy Sinatra (collected on a CD of "lost singles", Sugar Me, which was her small '70's output)...

But other than that, Corey Wells, just parlays & purveys sappy shots of bland Boz Scaggs-styled pop, much like the later Dobie Gray (w/o anything like "The In Crowd" or "Drift Away")...

Dave

Was this the last A&M album for Cory Wells?? I believe the next one was Three Dog Night 5 song comeback EP "It's A Jungle" on Passport Records back in September of 1983. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

He was clearly going for the Frampton crowd, judging by that cover picture. Never heard this one -- I was a Three Dog Night fan but never followed their solo efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom