🎵 AotW AOTW: Granati Brothers - G FORCE (SP-4748)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
sp4748.jpg

SIDE ONE

What in the World 2:50
You Looked So Good 1:57
April 2:34
Can Do Without You 2:34
No Stone Unturned 3:01

SIDE TWO

Nite' 2:35
Nothin' 3:15
Make it Last 2:56
It Was You 3:02
Someone to Take up my Time 2:17
She Doesn't Cry 4:37

David Granati: vocals, guitar, bass
Hermie Granati and Joey Granati: vocals and keyboards
Rick Granati and Tony Lee Bonomo: vocals and percussion

Produced by Ray Shulman, who engineered, with Paul Northfield, Rick Hart & Michael Getlin
Assistant Engineer: Bill Thompson
Photography: Mark Hanaur
Design: June Osaki & Stan Everson

Art Direction: Roland Young
Released in 1979

JB

Interesting hard rock band! They actually renamed themselves "G Force" after releasing this album, and toured as an opener for such bands as Van Halen, Heart and others. They gained some momentum but ultimately made only this album until they regrouped in 2001.

A live track called "Go Crazy" appears on a various artists A&M punk/new wave sampler (of which they are neither) entitled Propaganda.

I have a suggestion....when you list an album like this, could you list the release date, just for context? Not even the exact day, but at least the year....

I found a semi-acceptable photo on the web (since none was in our database) and added it above.

Harry

I have a suggestion....when you list an album like this, could you list the release date, just for context? Not even the exact day, but at least the year....

:roodytiphat:

Looks like this album was released in 1979, as was that Propaganda album.

1979 is correct. I'm shocked we're finally entering the punk/new wave era here. I remember lamenting years ago that with ONE AOTW a week we wouldn't get there till 2011 and after I was in my 50s. Well here we are! And my 51st b'day is just four months away... :sad:

No kidding. I'm already 56, 2011 is in its 2nd quarter and we still have 4749-5403 remaining to complete this series. At one per week it will take roughly 13 years to finish, assuming 52 posts a year, not taking into account Christmas season pauses and gaps due to unidentified or unreleased titles.

...and we haven't touched on the 3000 series either. :sigh: There is just so much we can do in a weekly format, short of posting two per week (I'd have to get a couple of recruits to help with the workload) to go through the series quicker or start a separate 3000-series tangent.

No way we could ever do singles! At least not numerically. It would be better to find some unusual or rare single to feature, or one with an interesting back-story to it.

BTW, via my "twin" Jeff, I met someone on Facebook who is specifically collecting A&M's promotional 12" singles, and he mentioned he is willing to help out with a discography of those in the 12000 series. Jeff himself is a walking encyclopedia of funk, soul, R&B, popular music in general, and has a massive 12" single collection that makes mine look like a dogpile. :sigh:

Well, we've done the jazz albums of the 3000 series. Everything from 3100 - 3299 were reissues, and 3300 was the Halloween Horrors album, so 3301 would be the logical place to start.

Not sure if it was 3300 or 3500...? I don't keep track of the number series that much.

the 3300s were re-assigned once the Valu-line series got that high (though some kept their number and became "Valu-lined"). There were also a few in the 3400 series (PG numbering took over beofre the Valu-line got that high). 3500 was double LPs but they eventually (with a few exceptions) were re-numbered into the 6000 series which was essentially the "Double LP Valu-line." 3600 was where the classic 4100 series jumped in 1974 before returning to the in the 4500s (though is was used from time to time for special releases like the the double 10" Joe Jackson ablum). 3700 emerged as a series with either a different price point or as the number for each month's "lead release." There was no 3800 series and 3900 was similar to 3700 but seems to contain primarily movie sound tracks.

I still say we can do 2 to 5 AOTWs a week -- two in the main series and up to three in the others... which could (should?) include other labels/imprints like Ode, IRS, Dark Horse, Nimbus, Gold Mountain, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom