AOTW: HERB ALPERT/HUGH MASEKELA (SP-728)

Captain Bacardi

thesmedman said:
Really hope Mr Alpert does indeed re-release both Herb/Hugh cd's - they could do it on one cd and I'd be perfectly happy...
Both albums wouldn't fit onto one CD. The studio album is about 35 minutes long, and Main Event is a little over 49 minutes.

Capt. Bacardi

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
When I did my needledrop of MAIN EVENT LIVE, it was early in the home CD-recording era and discs were still a little expensive. So to more fully utilize the capacity, after MAIN EVENT LIVE finished, I tacked on the three edited songs ("Skokiaan', "Happy Hanna", and "Lobo") from the first HERB/HUGH album that were on a 12".

Harry

By the way, those three have mono versions on the flipside of the 12". I'm assuming that those were folddowns and not dedicated mono mixes, but I've never really investigated.

Harry

Captain Bacardi

When I did my needle drop of Main Event Live I added the 45 versions of "Foreign Natives" and "Mama Way".

Capt. Bacardi

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Old thread.

Anyone ever run into the Herb/Hugh album on this label design:

1585323164492.png

My copy is the orange/yellow Horizon label.

Rudy

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
Staff member
Site Admin
Both of mine were the orange/yellow label. Didn't know it was ever reissued on that label version.

Bobberman

I remember that particular one was a modified label for the early 80s Horizon first pressings and reissues

Top Bottom