🎵 AotW AOTW: Herb Alpert - JUST YOU AND ME (SP-4591)

What Is Your Favorite Song?

• Promenade

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Musique

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Just You And Me

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Grandpa Lou

• Aria

• Yankee Doodle

• Spanish Nights

• One Night Lover

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Lady Needs Romance

• The Day Will Come

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Not what I said, certainly not what I intended. I only meant to say that if "Promenade" got any airplay at all, it wasn't significant. You alluded to that with your KSFO and KNBR comment. Here on the east coast, I was totally unaware of any airplay at all from JUST YOU AND ME, and since my evidence is anecdotal, I qualified my comment with "significant".

All agreed. I think we're arguing the same side of whatever point we're making. Bottom line is JUST YOU AND ME - as much as many of us love and respect it - is still a bottom-of-the-barrel album in the Alpert canon. The fact that it's never been seen since its origin days is reflective of that. Other low-ranking albums at least had some high points to elevate them to re-issue status. I was actually surprised that CONEY ISLAND, YOU SMILE - THE SONG BEGINS, and SUMMERTIME made the cut, but am thankful that they did.

You won't catch me beating the drum for a digital release of JUST YOU AND ME. I'm perfectly happy with my two clean LPs and personal digital transfers.
And having gone all-digital, I'd love a digital release.

You won't catch me beating the drum for a digital release of JUST YOU AND ME. I'm perfectly happy with my two clean LPs and personal digital transfers.
The only reason I want to see a digital release is so that all of those who have no access to vinyl can have a chance to buy it. I've done similar for my own library, so I don't have a pressing need for a reissue.

As I mentioned you can get access to a CD recorder hooked up to a turntable or digital recorder device of your choice and do a nice needledrop and if you have a computer you can rip your needle drop cd to it this is how I did it years ago and I'm still happy with the results I would buy a new digital release if available I'm not holding my breath but it would be nice to compare the differences between the original and reissue.

Back
Top Bottom