🎵 AotW AOTW: Herb Alpert - JUST YOU AND ME (SP-4591)

What Is Your Favorite Song?

• Promenade

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Musique

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Just You And Me

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Grandpa Lou

• Aria

• Yankee Doodle

• Spanish Nights

• One Night Lover

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Lady Needs Romance

• The Day Will Come

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
For fun, here's a typical old thread from 2004 that ponders the fate of Herb's music on CD:

Funny that I wrote this back then:

It's not so much the releasing of remasters themselves...I'd just like to see them done properly. IF these reissues ever happen, they need to be done right, to last a couple decades or more.

It would take until @badazz got involved with helping Herb catalog and go through all of those old tapes, then have Bernie remaster them, before we'd get them done properly! Are the current recordings perfect? No! But they don't need to be. They're preserved for us as-is, just as they were recorded. And that's all I really wanted to happen back in 2004. Apart from a couple of missing titles, just about all of his catalog is still available, and even the missing titles can be found in used condition. The later CDs that did not get reissued yet still sound plenty good enough as-is. 👍

Bobberman

Funny that I wrote this back then:

It would take until @badazz got involved with helping Herb catalog and go through all of those old tapes, then have Bernie remaster them, before we'd get them done properly! Are the current recordings perfect? No! But they don't need to be. They're preserved for us as-is, just as they were recorded. And that's all I really wanted to happen back in 2004. Apart from a couple of missing titles, just about all of his catalog is still available, and even the missing titles can be found in used condition. The later CDs that did not get reissued yet still sound plenty good enough as-is. 👍
I couldn't Agree more.

martin

Definitive Hits actually charted in Norway on the official pop album chart. Probably due to a TV commercial that showed very "clean" glimpses from the old TJB TV specials.

- greetings from the north -
Martin

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
I'm not sure how it charted here in the US overall, but I know that over the years since it was released, it has been the second best TJB seller on Amazon for me, with only Whipped Cream topping it.

Top Bottom