🎵 AotW AOTW: Herb Ohta SONG FOR ANNA (A&M SP 3651)

LPJim

Staff member
Herb Ohta
SONG FOR ANNA

A&M SP-3651

sp3651.jpg

Tracks:

Song For Anna*
Apples of Paradise
One Day of Love
Living in Dreams
Little Romance
The Sun of My Heart

A Shade of Blue
Gardens of Marmara
Love is Blue
A Heart Too Tender
Keeping You Company*
Dawn of Our Love

*Appear on A&M 45 single # 1505

JB

For more information on Herb Ohta please visit this site:

www.geocities.com/ohtasan2020/

Another I've never heard of... Pretty much have read that he is Hawaiian, from what I've read up on him on the Internet after seeing what records he made for A&M, according to the A&M Colllectors' Guide, FROM BRASS TO GOLD... I'll have to definitely go to that site, then, to really learn more...! :neutral:inkshield:

Dave

I used to hear the tune "Song For Anna" a lot on an EZ station in Chicago when this first came out. It peaked at #26 on the EZ charts in '74 and #104 on the Bubbling Under charts. "One Day Of Love" peaked at #43 on the EZ charts. I've never heard anything else from this album, although I do see the LP a lot at record shows.

Capt. Bacardi

I've become fond of this gentle instrumental track, "Song For Anna", and find it to be one of those songs that stays with you. As noted above, the A&M single peaked at #26 on the Easy Listening chart in 1974 and only made it to #104 bubbling under the Hot 100. The single was AM-1505.

Internationally, the record sold over 6 million copies, so it was probably more popular in the rest of the world than in the US. If you've never heard it, give it a listen:

It can easily be described as pure elevator music, but it's "good" elevator music.

I have this tune on a compilation CD But I have the " Feelings" l.p. along with a nice needle drop CD Ohta San not only plays a Mean Ukelele but like Harry stated Its "Good"Elevator music and he Further expands on his skills on The aforementioned LP followup

Back
Top Bottom