🎵 AotW AOTW: Joe Cocker I CAN STAND A LITTLE RAIN (SP 3633)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Joe Cocker
I CAN STAND A LITTLE RAIN

A&M SP-3633

sp3633.jpg

SIDE ONE
Put Out the Light 4:11/ I Can Stand a Little Rain 3:32/ I Get Mad 3:41/ Sing Me a Song 2:29/ The Moon is a Harsh Mistress 3:30

SIDE TWO
Don't Forget Me 3:19/ You Are So Beautiful 2:39/ It's a Sin When You Love Somebody 3:46/ Performance 4:43/ Guilty 2:54.

Produced by Jim Price/ Mostly recorded at The Village Recorder, Los Angeles/ Cover Photograph - Steve Vaughn/ Art Direction - Roland Young/ Album Design - Chuck Beeson/ Music Arranged by Jim Price

Engineers: Rob Fraboni, Rick Heenan, Nat Jeffrey, J.J. Jansen, Carlton Lee, Marco Aglietti, Joe Tuzen, Ken Klinger, Zak Zenor.

MUSIC CREDITS

Trumpet -- Stu Blumberg, Steve Madaro
Alto Sax -- Jim Horn
Tenor Sax -- Trevor Lawrence
Trombone -- Mayo Tiana, Jim Price
Piano -- David Paich, Nicky Hopkins, Richard Tee, Jim Price, Jimmy Webb, Greg Matheson, Randy Newman

Guitar -- Ralph Hammer, Ray Parker, Jay Graydon, Henry McCullough, Cornell DuPree
Bass -- Dave McDaniel, Chuck Rainey, Chris Stewart,
Drums -- Ollie Brown, Jeff Porcano, Bernard Purdie, Jimmy Karstein,

Vocals -- Daniel Moore, Merry Clayton, Clydie King, Venetta Fields, Sherlie Matthews

Mixing Engineer - Rob Fraboni/ Mastered by Kent Duncan at Kendun Recorders, Burbank.

Available on CD

SP 3633 entered the Billboard Top 200 on August 24, 1974, charted for 36 weeks and peaked at Number 11, according to Whitburn's "Top Pop Albums."

JB

We need Songwriting Credits...!! :freak: Jimmy Webb wrote, produced and played piano on "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"; (actually Cocker sings to Webb's unaccompanied Solo piano-- much like B.J. Thomas doing "Song For My Brother", also accompanied by Jimmy on his piano, alone; "Met Her On A Plane" was actually initially-proposed, but it somehow didn't work out...) :neutral:inkshield: as well as "It's a Sin When You Love Somebody", which was done as a Glen Campbell/Jimmy Webb Reunion Album project; have Glen's Reunion, with Jimmy Webb, as its titled on Import CD with bonus tracks consisting of Jimmy Webb-written songs from later Glen Campbell albums...

"Guilty" is a Randy Newman number, which he plays solo, unaccompanied piano on and "Put Out The Light", I think, was retitled as "Lady Put Out The Light" was done by Blood, Sweat & Tears, and I REALLY think, was retitled as "Lady Put The Light Out" and was recorded by Frankie Valli, during his Solo years, after the break-up of his Four Seasons... (--I'll really be able to look into this more, when THE RECORD STORES OPEN!!!!) :laugh:

A good continuation of the Cocker legacy; been awhile since he recorded something... Look for more of Joe's albums on A&M to come, such as Stingray and Jamaica, Say You Will...! :blinkeye:

Dave :wave:

Three Dog Night also did the song "Put Out The Light" (from 1974 "Hard Labor") but the CD is no longer made on MCA. I like both Joe & Three versions! :) Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Dave said:
We need Songwriting Credits...!!

bouncer.gif
And Here They Are:
bouncer.gif

SIDE ONE:

1. Put Out the Light (Daniel Moore)
2. I Can Stand a Little Rain (Jim Price)
3. I Get Mad (Joe Cocker, Jim Price)
4. Sing Me a Song (Henry McCullough)
5. The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress (Jimmy Webb)

SIDE TWO:

1. Don't Forget Me (Harry Nilsson)
2. You Are So Beautiful (Billy Preston, Bruce Fisher)
3. It's a Sin (When You Love Somebody) (Jimmy Webb)
4. Performance (Allen Toussaint)
5. Guilty (Randy Newman)​

Dave :neutral:inkshield:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom