🎵 AotW Judith Durham GIFT OF SONG (A&M SP 4240)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
sp4240.jpg

Judith Durham, born July 3, 1943, was lead singer of the Australian pop-folk group The Seekers, best known for "Georgy Girl," "World of our Own" and "I'll Never Find Another You."

Side One: Wanderlove (2:35), I Wish I Knew (2:50), There's A Baby (2:52), That's How My Love Is (3:10), I Can Say (3:38).

Side Two: Gift of Song (3:08), Wailing of the Willow (2:29), The Light is Dark Enough (2:39), Take Care of my Brother (3:00), God Bless the Child (2:49), Here Am I (2:33).

Drums Hal Blaine/ Bass Steve La Fever/ Keyboards Larry Knechtel, Lincoln Mayorga, Mike Rubini and Joe Sample/ Guitars Mike Anthony, Dennis Budimir, David Cohen/ Percussion Victor Feldman, Gene Estes, Larry Bunker, Kenny Watson/ Woodwinds Bud Shank, Tommy Scott, Gene Cipriano, June Russo/ Trumpets Tony Terran, Buddy Childers, John Andino, Graham Young, Maurice Harris/ Trombones Lloyd Ulyate, Richard Nash, George Roberts, Gilbert Falco/ French Horns Richard Perissi, Vincent De Rosa/ Harp Catherine Gotthoffer/ Concert master Erno Neufeld.
Produced by Chad Stuart for Almo Productions
Arranged and conducted by Richard Clements
Engineer Mike Shields
Recorded live at Western Recorders, Hollywood, CA
Art Director Tom Wilkes
Photography Jim McCrary.
Produced by A&M in affiliation with Festival Records of Australia

CD: availability unknown
JB

PS- Check out http://www.patrick.jervis.btinternet.co.uk/jd_solo.html for a good discography site.

Ah, another one from the A&M "Feminist Collection". :D Evie Sands, Gayle Caldwell and Joanne Vent are the others, so far. :laugh:

And at last, the musicians are credited, as well. :wink:

Chad Stuart (of Chad & Jeremy) also produced Gayle Caldwell's CELEBRATION OF LIFE :tongue: A&M SP 4197 and Tarantula's TARANTULA :twisted: A&M SP 4202. :cool:

Anyway, this is another sterling effort ranging from the Majestic Title-Track to Mason Williams' Immortal "Wanderlove" done by the Sandpipers and Claudine, to the clansidine and whimsical "There's A Baby", "That's How My Love Is", "I Can Say" and "Take Care Of My Brother" to "God Bless The Child", done as a ballad, as opposed to the Blusey Wailin' Joanne Vent, Blood, Sweat & Tears and Bessie Smith give it, to the Gospel "I Wish I Knew", written by Roger Nichols and Henry Lewey :?:, on which, supposedly the "Girls Singers", who later surface on Phil Ochs GREATEST HITS appear, to another Williams tune, "Here Am I" to Nillson's Mellancholy, "Wailing Of The Willow" to the epic, "The Light Is Dark Enough, a song about being chained up and walking around lost in a rather murky situation and finally knowing the way and breaking FREE!! :o A Musical Journey and Gift, indeed! :)

Dave

Gioccho Adesso: Judith Durham A GIFT OF SONG A&M SP 4240

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom