🎵 AotW AOTW: Magnet - WORLDWIDE ATTRACTION (SP-4740)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Magnet
WORLDWIDE ATTRACTION

A&M SP-4740

sp4740.jpg

Magnet was a band formed by Jerry Shirley of Humble Pie and Peter Wood of Southerland Brothers & Quiver. Other featured performers included Lary Fast, Jim Cuomo, Paul Vigrass and Joel Kranz.

TRACKS:

Golden Arm
Underneath the Moonlight
Hold On
Night Patrol
Lost in Space

In Love Again
You Got the Power
Bones
I Don't Want to Lose Your Love
Empty

JB

It is actually Sutherland Brothers & Quiver who almost hit the Billboard Top 40 with the song "(I Don't Want To Love You But) You Got Me Anyway". Also the Sutherland Brothers (NO Quiver) did a song called "Sailing" (which Rod Stewart did the remake back in 1975 from "Atlantic Crossing"). Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Sutherland Brothers & Quiver returned back in 1976 with the song "Arms Of Mary" (which the Canadian trio Chilliwack also did back in 1978). Matt Clark Sanford, MI

The song "(I Don't Want To Love You But) You Got Me Anyway" was from 1973. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Good for him. I don't own a copy of this LP and am glad somebody knows a little something about it.

JB

As former Rolling Stone magazine critic Dave Marsh said: "Homogenized pop rock. Nothing here draws you in". As for myself, I have never heard of Magnet. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Forgot to mention that short thing that Dave Marsh said was from "The Rolling Stone Record Guide" book (1983 Edition) which Dave gave 1 star out of 5 stars. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom