Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Nils Lofgren
NILS LOFGREN

A&M SP-4509

sp4509.jpg

Chicago Native Nils Lofgren was a member of Neil Young's Crazy Horse before forming the band Grin. His self-titled first solo album was released in 1975 after the break-up of that group. Lofgren recently released a new solo album with contributions from Willie Nelson, David Crosby and Graham Nash.

Tracks:

Be Good Tonight 0:50/ Back it Up 2:23/ One More Saturday Night 3:09/ If I Say, It's So 3:00/ I Don't Want to Know 2:45/ Keith Don't Go (Ode to the Glimmer Twin) 4:23/ Can't Buy a Break 3:19/ The Sun Hasn't Set on This Boy Yet 2:48/ Rock and Roll Crook 2:55/ Two by Two 3:07/ Goin' Back (Goffin/King) 3:51.

All songs were written by Nils Lofgren except as indicated.

This album was reissed on CD by Rykodisc.

For more information visit:

www.nilslofgren.com

JB

Good, basic-sounding-Rock debut by Nils, though I started my Lofgren-fix with the more commercial and fuller-sounding follow-up's, also on A&M...: Nils, Cry Tough, and I Came To Dance...

As well as The Best of Nils Lofgren and Grin, and even a copy of his Live album, Night After Night (which my tape deck ate up, so I had to buy its replacement on the 2-record set) on cassette...

Dave

"Keith Don't Go (Ode To The Glimmer Twins)"--that one rocks!!!!!! Has its own "Jumpin' Jack Flash" inserted in the guitar parts... A very productive moment for Lofgren, stepping out on his own... With strong stuff, like "If I Say It's So, Then It's So", "Rock And Roll Crook", "One More Saturday Night" and the Carole King/Gerry Goffin-written "Goin' Back"...!

Forgot about this one, & just gave it a good dusting off, while enjoying a good "play"...!

-- Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom