🎵 AotW AOTW: Pablo Cruise - PART OF THE GAME (SP-4787)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Pablo Cruise
PART OF THE GAME
A&M SP-4787
sp3712.jpg

TRACKS:

Part of the Game (Jenkins/Lerios/Willis/Day) 3:44
I Want You Tonight 5:31 -- #19
When Love is at Your Door 4:31
Givin' it Away 5:18

Tell Me That You Love Me 4:54
Lonely Nights 5:23
How Many Tears? 6:15
For Another Town 4:28 (Lerios/Willis)

Produced & Engineered by Bill Schnee
All songs by Jenkins/Lerios/Willis except as indicated

Also released as SP 3712 and reissued on CD
Released in Nov. 1979, charted for 17 weeks and reached # 39 in the Billboard Top 200

JB

When are the rest of the Pablo Cruise collection are going to be released on CD?? They have a live CD called "It's Good To Be Live" which came out 2 weeks ago.

Like the poor little turtle on the back cover w/ the broken racket who unfortunately "loses the game", I, too, felt like a poor sport when I bought this... Little redeeming value, other than the few hooks some of the tunes have to offer...

"I Want You Tonight" deservedly was a last gasp at a good hit for Pablo Cruise & quite danceable w/o being Disco, to boot... Just unfortunately the remaining material chaffed over the years & at this point, the group was reduced to a more second-rate Toto...

But, even though the next LP, Reflector, offered an even greater attempt at a chart-busting ballad, the band had in them, with "Cool Love", the blandness overtook the group & the commercial banality had taken its toll, leaving the band as a sad reflection of its former self...

-- Dave

Yup, this album was nothing special. I really enjoyed PC's first album, and the second had some of my favorites (especially "Don't Believe It"), but this one just left me cold. I can say for sure that in 2011, I don't remember any of these songs at all, so it MUST have been pretty underwhelming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom