🎵 AotW AOTW: Richard Kerr - WELCOME TO THE CLUB (SP-4721)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Richard Kerr
WELCOME TO THE CLUB

A&M SP-4721

sp4721.jpg

Richard Kerr is a native of England and a prolific composer, best known for writing "Mandy" and other hits for Barry Manilow. On this A&M album he collaborated with Songwriters Will Jennings, Gary Osborne and John Bettis.

TRACKS:

I Can't Afford That Feeling Anymore
Live My Love for You
Dance Your Life Away
I Know I'll Never Love This Way Again
Magic in the Air

I Feel it All
A Hat Full of Rain
This is Your Captain Calling
Baby, Don't Let Go
Welcome to the Club

Released Nov. 1978
Produced by Chris Bond.

JB

I don't own it and haven't seen it. Thus the sketchy notes. Wikipedia's got a thorough bio & discography.

JB

Kerr has also collaborated w/ (A&M Group) LTD, co-writing a number of songs w/ its members, such as Jeffrey Osborne, among others...

Dave

Kerr's real claim-to-fame is "Somewhere In The Night", made famous by Barry Manilow (on Even Now, his 1978 release) & by Helen Reddy (who recorded her version first on her album, No Way To Treat A Lady in 1975)...

He even put out his own version (an almost Country-sounding one, produced by Norbert Putnam, in Nashville) on an earlier Epic album in 1976...

A shame we can't flesh out more on this artist, let alone more album credits, or even a little more trivia on his works, just mainly because of the scarcity of this album (& his other one on Epic, as well)...

Dave

Actually, Helen's "No Way To Treat A Lady" was released in 1975. Her next album "Music, Music" was released in 1976. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

You're right, Matt...

Kerr, himself, I think did his version in '76 & Helen's came out in '75...

Fixed "my mistakes" there, too! :wink:

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom