🎵 AotW AOTW: SPIRITS & WORM (A&M SP 4229)

LPJim

Staff member
SPIRITS & WORM
(A&M SP 4229)

sp4229.jpg

The talents of five young people pesented here as the SPIRITS AND WORM have cause others to define their music as a 'fresh young sound - very colorful and full of rhythm - a happy sound.' Making that 'happy sound' are Adrianne Maurici (vocals), Tommy Parris (bass guitar, vocals), Carlos Hernandez (lead guitar), Artie Hicks Jr. (drums) and Alfred Scotti (guitar/vocals). And these young people have worked hard to achieve their own sound. We believe in the near future that the music industry and the public will take notice of this group and recognize them as one of the more exciting and talented groups yet to hit the airwaves. (liner notes by Bob Garcia).

Produced and arranged by A. Aiello and R. Mazzaglia
Recorded at Ultra-Sound Sonic Studio
Engineer: Bill Stahl
Art Director: Tom Wilkes
Photography: Tom Wilkes (front cover), Bruno of Hollywood (back cover).

Side One: You and I Together (2:47); Every Little Bit of Love* (2:38); She (3:18), Fanny Firecracker (2:39); Sunny Please Hold Me (3:42).

Side Two: Spirits and Worm (2:58), All I Need is a Little You (4:02), She's the One (3:03), You're Dynamite (3:12), She's So Good (3:55).

All songs written by C. Hernandez except *(Hernandez/Parris)

An original SP 4229 version is among the rarest and highly collectable albums around; a copy sold on Ebay for $682 recently. It's distribution was limited to the NYC area, and the "legend" goes that it was pulled from stores quickly because of rumor that the goat-and-tombstone cover art was satanic. The sound is similar to Jefferson Airplane and Santana.

Reissues: Limited vinyl reissue by Water Serpent and Sweet Herb labels. In 2001 S&W was reissued on vinyl and CD, with original cover art, by Akarma label of Italy.
JB
www.akarmarecords.com

(edited to remove smilies in the track timings, and to add header)

Recently read some reviews of this A&M rarity. There was a reply from Tommy Parris (bass) with a link to his website. He is still active in music, entertaining audiences at retirement centers throughout the Long Island, NY, area:

Parris Music

JB

Back
Top Bottom