🎵 AotW STUFFIN' (A&M SP 4235)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Stuffin' was a 4-member group in which Jerry Riopelle, member of the Parade and producer of numerous early A&M albums, was involved. The other guys were not identified.
Side One:
"Foundation" (Deal/Little) Good Sam Music; Tender Lovin' Care Music BMI 2:53.
"To Love Somebody" (Barry Gibb/Robin Gibb) Nemperor LTD BMI 3:27.
"Rubberband Man" (Gibson/Riopelle) Good Sam Music; Inevitable Music; Tender Lovin' Care Music BMI 2:18.
"Mama Roux" (Creaux/Hill) Marzique; Joharv Music BMI 5:54.
Side Two:
"Gonna Get the Band Together" (Riopelle/Deal/Poole) Good Sam Music; Inevitable Music; Tender Lovin' Care Music BMI 3:01.
"Look and See" (Deal/Halby) Good Sam Music; Tender Lovin' Care Music BMI 4:18.
"Big Wheel" (Deal/Moran) Good Sam Music; Tender Lovin' Care Music BMI 4:34.
"No Expectations" (Jagger/Richards) Immediate Music Inc. BMI 6:40.

Producer Jerry Riopelle/ Engineer Peter Pilafian/ Horns arranged by Richard Torres and Head/ Art Director Tom Wilkes/ Photography Jim McCrary.

I suppose "The Rubberband Man" track on this LP is not the same as that done by the Spinners (known in England as the Detroit Spinners) in 1976.

The Spinners' "Rubberband Man" was written by producer/arranger/composer Thom Bell and his songwriting partner Linda Creed.

Rick1229 said:
The Spinners' "Rubberband Man" was written by producer/arranger/composer Thom Bell and his songwriting partner Linda Creed.

Thought so. One of these days, I assume there'll be a thread on different songs with the same titles posted somewhere in the Forum.

Just out of curiousity I searched around the web for Stuffin' songs to listen to. I was unable to find anything. What sort of music did these guys do? Were they popular in any regions? What years did they record?

Stuffin' was a blues-rock-horn band, very similar to the Ides of March ("Vehicle"). When Chicago and Blood Sweat & Tears came on the scene in 1969, it became a big year for horn bands. Other bands of this type on A&M were Chuck Trois & the National Band (SP 4201) and Brainchild (U.K. release only). Only the latter has been reissued on CD.
After Stuffin', Jerry Riopelle began a solo career in the early '70s, recording for ABC label at first and continuing on independent labels to this day.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom