As Time Goes By - German Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruno

UNIVERSAL will release AS TIME GOES BY in Germany on February 18th! :)
Perhaps they wanted to wait for release until Karen's 20th anniversary from the start?

Anyway, that's great news. I have already ordered the CD and I'm eager to see, if there are any differences between the Japanese import CD, I already own, and this German release, both in the recording and in the booklet.

The price for the German CD is 15 Euro, while the Japanese import CD costs 40 Euro. Quite a difference!

I just hope, that UNIVERSAL will do some promoting for the CD here in Germany.....

Bruno

on top of the world!

Bruno,

That's great news. Please do let us know if there are any differences in both the booklet and the sound of each track compared to the Japanese release. I doubt Richard tinkered with it but you never know!

Scott

Great News For Carpenters European Fans , Hopefully More Releases For Rest of Europe will Follow Shortly :)

Probably UK & German Releases Will be Same , The Only Major Difference is a Smaller Booklet , No Lyrics and an Error on Running Time of California Dreaming 4:35 , Which is Rainbow Connection 's Track Length :confused:

Hopefully Universal Europe Will Support ATGB With TV/Media Campaigns :)

Peter

Just read amazon.de; it says: AS TIME GOES BY, release date 18.2.2003, we don't have it anymore (??).

So I guess, perhaps it was never planned to be released in Germany. I'm eager to receive my ordered copy of this CD. I guess, it will be an import CD from UK.

Better than nothing, but still annoying.....I'm beginning to hate UNIVERSAL! :mad:

Bruno

Bruno,

What a Disappointment :sad:

Is ATGB German Release Postponed ? or Cancelled Altogether ?

You can still obtain UK Issue with Altered Booklet .......

Hopefully More ATGB Release Dates Will be Confirmed Soon :)

Peter

Today I got my copy of AS TIME GOES BY, which was announced by amazon.de as a German release, but in fact it's the UK version, which Peter has already described.
On the label you read: 2001 A&M Records, made in the EU.
There's a sticker on the CD which refers to the BBC show WOGAN.

What's nice in the booklet is, that you find a list of the musicians underneath Richard's liner notes to each song. :)

As Peter said, there are no lyrics and no composers' names. :sad:

The CD itself isn't silvergrey as in the Japanese version, but it's steel blue, like the CARPENTERS logo on the cover.

Found one slight change in liner note to LEAVE YESTERDAY BEHIND.

Photography cover credits are given to Annie Leibowitz. Japanese release credits Ed Caraeff for cover and Leibowitz for back cover. :?:

Well, haven't heard it yet, but I guess there will be no difference to Japanese release.

I just found out, that amazon.de sells ATGB again, but now for a higher price: 18 Euro (I only paid 15 Euro). This is still a very low price for an import CD. Can't quite understand this. :?:

Bruno

a little confused, online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom