As Time Goes By(UK Release Febuary 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news Scott! I'm always glad to hear that things are moving along in the CarpenterS arena! Maybe a U.S. release will be in the cards now. I really hope it sells well there...thereby encouraging the powers that be to stay interested in the music of K&R!

...awaiting U.K. release...

Jeff

Now the interesting thing will be if Richard has tinkered with anything for the UK release? He did that with the US release of "Interpretations", specifically on "Tryin' To Get The Feeling".

Scott B

It would be good if As Time Goes By is released in the U.S. for the 20th Anniversary of Karen's passing. As stated on these forums before, the day should not pass without something to mark the significants of the loss endured that day.

If Richard DOES change anything, it would be interesting to see if, possibly, the Karen and John Denver medly is added.

Does anyone out there know how As Time Goes By sold in Japan?

Great News that at long last As Time Goes By is finally set for UK Release 3/2/2003 :D

Checking the HMV Website this is the same 14 Track Set plus "And When He Smiles" as mystery extra track.

As far as Universal UK are concerned , there are no changes from 2001 Japanese / Asian Releases and as it has taken 18 Months plus to ensure Universal actually release this Album , I doubt whether Richard has made any Musical Adjustments.

In 2001 and 2002 , Head of Universal UK wrote frankly that delay was due to Contractual Disputes , but that UK wanted to release this set ASAP.
Good to see Richard stood by his original Album and Universal have come to their senses.
Interesting to see whether Universal are also Releasing ATGB in Europe later in February / March 2003 ? and later in USA / Canada / Australia etc :confused:

This Release SHOWS THAT FANS PRESSURE DOES ACHIEVE RESULTS AS UK FANS HAVE CONSTANTLY WRITTEN / TELEPHONED UNIVERSAL UK TOP EXECS re: ATGB :D

While Japanese / Asian Imports have sold well to Long Term Fans , that larger Carpenters Buying Audience can now obtain this Album at reasonable prices and I feel the same applies to USA/ Canada / South America Markets where most Fans outside of Websites and Word of Mouth are not aware of ATGB :o

Peter....Celebrating ATGB ....Wider Release......

Obtained UK ATGB Album last week -Perhaps Unsurprisingly Universal UK just Released this Set with Mininum Promotion -out of Respect for Karen's Anniversary :?:

Set Features same Tracks as Japanese / Asian 2001 Releases with a Sticker Highlighting Carpenters Unreleased Recordings , Duets with Ella and Como plus BBC Radio Show Featuring Nowhere Man :)

Radio has Played several Tracks -Magic Lamp Songs , And When He Smiles & Leave Yesterday Behind -So More Fans Should become Aware of Album.

Art Work is the same as 2001 Release, However Booklet is Now Only One -with Richard's Grey Coloured Carpenters Mini -Bio at Front and Orange Coloured Track Notes following.Sadly there are no Lyrics Included and if Fans / Buyers are unaware of Certain Song Composers, Few Details are Listed :confused:

Trust Universal UK will Follow up with Major Media / TV /Radio Campaigns to back ATGB and ensure Wider Audience /Sales in 2003.

Good News Re : Germany Release -Others Should Follow :)

Ideally with Radio Plays , Universal UK Should Release Special Edition Single Nowhere Man / California Dreaming as Previously Done for 1993 Karen Anniversary :)

Peter...ATGB Champion.....

In all likelihood,AS TIME GOES BY will never be released in the US.The biggest factor in this situation is that LOVELINES and KAREN CARPENTER,the last two albums,didn't sell well.Universal is well aware of that fact-and they have much higher sales standards for new releases than A&M did when it was in existence.Also,the fact that the Karen/Ella medley was included in ESSENTIAL COLLECTION discounts any likelihood that AS TIME GOES BY will be released,otherwise, Universal would have saved the Karen/Ella medley for AS TIME GOES BY-keeping the original album structure "intact".If you really want this album,grab an import copy!Incidentally,(talking about the solo album),I remember going to Tower Records on Long Island the day it was released,and they had 30 copies in stock.I went back there probably 5 months later and most of those 30 copies were still sitting on the shelf!(the dates are printed on the price label!)I'm pretty sure most of them were returned to A&M shortly after that.Tower probably thought it was going to be a big seller,but it sure wasn't!

Understood Karen / Ella Medley was included on Essential Collection by Richard as in 1991 originally this Track was Planned for Release , but due to Protracted Copyright Negotations / High Financial Demands with Fitzgerald Management , Richard had to Leave Medley off Box Set :sad:

Richard was Planning Inclusion of more ATGB Non-Medley Tracks on Latest Box Set -So Essential's Release without these Tracks Plus UK , German and other Likely Markets Releases Soon Leads Me to Have More Hope that ATGB Will be Issued in USA / Canada :)

Universal can Hardly Base their Release Policies on Polygram's Failures : Lovelines was Caught Up in A&M's Sale to Polygram and was Shamefully Ignored Despite the Huge Television Ratings for KC Story TV Film :confused:

Polygram Allocated under $100,000 Budget For Release of Karen Carpenter Album !! With Such Meagre Support -How Could KC Album Reach Necessary Wider Audience ? :confused:

Universal May Do the Same with ATGB Album -"Look We Released This Album And Sales Were Disappointing....." , For An Album to be Successful , There Needs To Be Active Support and Campaigns .....But Then Universal Only Favour Certain Artists and Are Happier Backing Endless Compilations / Collections ........ :mad:

ATGB Should be Released Worldwide and With Commitment / Support Will Find it's Audience :)

Peter....Awaiting A&M / Island Liberation from Universal Empire ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom