Attention Sandpipers Fans.All of The Sandpipers A&M albums are available as digital downloads

Bobberman

I was Looking on Amazon recently and I have 2 previously CD two fers by the Sandpipers from the Collectors Choice label which are" Guantanamera" and the Self titled follow up "The Sandpipers " and the 2nd of the lot "Misty Roses" and" The Wonder of you" the remaining albums " Softly" " Come Saturday Morning" and "A Gift of Song" were only released as expensive import CDS which I couldn't afford but thankfully the latter aforementioned albums along with the former early titles are now digitally available for Downloading and at a much more affordable price at under $10 per album I plan to get the 3 missing titles soon and since I have the Two fers already ripped to my music playlist my digital Sandpipers collection will be complete I just thought I'd inform all of you here who enjoy the Sandpipers music like myself but haven't been able to access all of them digitally until Now and as always Happy listening and Good luck to all of you fellow completists

There were two additional Sandpipers albums with Spanish-language tracks. The first was just called SPANISH ALBUM (SP-4159) and was compiled from existing album tracks that had been recorded in Spanish up to that point.
Guantanamera 3:10
La Bamba 2:44
Estraños En La Noche = Strangers In The Night 2:37
Llevame A La Luna = Fly Me To The Moon 1:51
Cancion De Amor = Wanderlove 3:48
Louie, Louie 2:45
Cuando Salí De Cuba = The Wind Will Change Tomorrow 2:39
Ayer = Yesterday 2:24
Michelle 2:45
Y La Quiero = And I Love Her 2:19
Enamorado 2:04
Ojos Españoles =Spanish Eyes 3:40

A later issue internationally, but not in the US, was called THE SECOND SPANISH ALBUM (inventive title, no?) or sometimes Volume 2. This one added in some tracks that were already in Spanish, but also had some tracks that had Spanish vocals added to the existing backing tracks.
Porque Te Vas? = Let Go 2:47
Sensacional = Wave 2:31
Con Todo Mi Amor = All My Loving 2:35
El Amor Es Triste = Love Is Blue 2:35
Yo Ya Me Voy = To Put Up With You 2:52
Amor Fugaz = That Night 3:12
Libre = Born Free 2:40
Como Un Flamingo = Pretty Flamingo 2:38
La Mentira = Yellow Days 3:04
Lo Mucho Que Te Quiero = The More I See You 3:04
Quando M'Innamoro = A Man Without Love 3:16

I'm not an expert on downloads, but I don't think that second one would be available. The first is obviously obtainable by simply programming the already existing tracks.

Last edited:
I totally agree I remember the first Spanish album which I had but lost but I can recreate that one however the second one I was unaware of until I came to this forum the second one is a true rarity

SPANISH ALBUM was released by UMUSIC Japan on CD - UCCU-3109, but is now out of print.

Spanish Album was the first Sandpipers album I ever owned, on an 8-track. I bought it just because it was on A&M, and I had heard one of their tunes on the Music Box compilation album.

For those not in the know, there were three generations of A&M 8-track tape cartridges. The first series were white plastic, followed by the infamous black plastic, and lastly olive-green plastic, all from different manufacturers. My Sandpipers tape was one of the black cartridges.

Sadly, I don't think I ever played that Sandpipers tape through completely even one time, because it kept jamming. The "black plastic" A&M 8-tracks had a horrible defect rate. I don't think I ever had one of those that lasted more than a couple of plays before tangling up. So to this day, I've never had a playable version of Spanish Album.

Those 8 tracks for me also had a high failure rate which is why I always avoided them like the plague

I always wondered why the black ones were so bad. I took several apart in attempts to fix them, and they didn't seem substantially different from any other tapes out there. I have to believe it was some problem with the tape itself -- it would stick together or something. Maybe not enough graphite on the backing.

I always wondered why the black ones were so bad. I took several apart in attempts to fix them, and they didn't seem substantially different from any other tapes out there. I have to believe it was some problem with the tape itself -- it would stick together or something. Maybe not enough graphite on the backing.
True to me those aforementioned issues and more are what drove me away from 8 track cartridges now if they would have made them as sturdy and strong as the Radio cartridges were and made the players equally as such then I would have embraced the format but at the time cassettes and vinyl were my preferred choice Vinyl and later CD were my top choices so I simply stayed with what worked best and as for the Sandpipers I only owned them on vinyl and as i mentioned the few Collectors choice reissue cds except for A Gift of Song and Overdue album which I didn't know existed until I got on the web but all the same I'm very happy that their entire A&M discography (minus compliations) are finally digitally available in some form and for younger fans this is a Golden opportunity so as I always say like with Herb Alperts reissues " Get them while you can Strike while the Iron is Hot"

I still have an 8-track deck I've kept around in hopes of refurbishing it, but I found the tapes so finicky now that it's not worth the bother. Most pre-recorded 8-tracks had foam pressure pads, and those have deteriorated over time and need to be replaced. (Some better tapes used spring-loaded felt pads, same as cassettes, which never seem to go bad.) In addition, the sensor foil often no longer sticks to the tape so, on an old 8-track, that may separate the first time it is played and the foil would need replacing.

I mainly got the deck in case I came across a recording I could not find on any other format, and that is why I debate hanging onto it even now since I no longer know of any used record stores locally that sell these.

To sum it all up with these Sandpipers digital reissues I'm Glad they survived given the Universal fire situation some years back I think we should all be Very thankful and grateful to Universal music at least For Making these available in digital form I always say if I can't get them on CD I can at least get them as Downloads and make my own CD copies and at least the prices are very affordable and I look forward to finally obtaining digital versions of my Final 3 missing albums but I'm thankful I have the 2 Collectors choice two fers that were released over a decade ago which I believe are all out of print by now

My Sandpipers on CD collection is:

Collectors' Choice Two-fer with GUANTANAMERA and THE SANDPIPERS
Collectors' Choice Two-fer with MISTY ROSES and THE WONDER OF YOU
SHM-CD of SOFTLY issued for the 50th Anniversary of A&M Records
SHM-CD of COME SATURDAY MORNING issued for the 50th Anniversary
UICY-3281, Japanese issue of A GIFT OF SONG (digital copy from another fan)
POCM-1574, Japanese DIGITALLY REMASTERED BEST, probably my first CD of Sandpipers material

Two digital recreations, SPANISH ALBUM and FOURSIDER.

A needledrop from a somewhat noisy SECOND SPANISH ALBUM.

My Sandpipers on CD collection is:

Collectors' Choice Two-fer with GUANTANAMERA and THE SANDPIPERS
Collectors' Choice Two-fer with MISTY ROSES and THE WONDER OF YOU
SHM-CD of SOFTLY issued for the 50th Anniversary of A&M Records
SHM-CD of COME SATURDAY MORNING issued for the 50th Anniversary
UICY-3281, Japanese issue of A GIFT OF SONG (digital copy from another fan)
POCM-1574, Japanese DIGITALLY REMASTERED BEST, probably my first CD of Sandpipers material

Two digital recreations, SPANISH ALBUM and FOURSIDER.

A needledrop from a somewhat noisy SECOND SPANISH ALBUM.
You have them all Congratulations you were very lucky

Here is an update I have the 3 download sandpipers albums I mentioned previously and they really sound very good it's nice to hear Softly. And Come Saturday morning with no pops or noise and I got to hear all of A Gift of Song for the first time ( although I had 4 of the songs from the Foursider previously) it was kind of sad knowing that one of them left the group before it was made but still a very memorable finale to the A&M series now my Sandpipers Digital Collection is Complete at last.

FYI, these are all still available as downloads. Qobuz has all nine releases available in CD-quality lossless, along with Digitally Remastered Best.

1638061804858.png

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/interpreter/the-sandpipers/download-streaming-albums

Most are $10.49, with Misty Roses being $7.49, Second Spanish Album for $8.99, and the Best Of $14.99. There are also a couple of releases by another group with the same name. No Qobuz account needed for purchase.

Back
Top Bottom