Baja Marimba Band 50th Anniversary!!!

What is your favorite Baja Marimba Band album?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
A day late, but not a peso short, this is the 50th Anniversary of Julius Wechter & The Baja Marimba Band! I have been in contact with the Wechter Family and not only are we going to try to get more of their back catalog released, but we're going to get more photos and videos made available to fans. I'll try to duplicate here what I put up on the Julius Wechter Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Julius-Wechter/111582155629969

Baja04x copy1.jpg

BajaMarimbaBand_SP104.jpg

By the way, that clip with Jack Benny from KCOP...is the rest of that going to be available? And didn't the band do a special for syndication with Carol Lawrence? I remember it playing in Chicago.

Without Mr. 'A' & Mr. 'M', there likely would not have been a Baja Marimba Band. At Gold Star Studio A with engineer, Larry Levine.

10394796_10152519302453023_3760908599631896585_n.jpg

I voted for Rides Again as a sentimental favorite, since that one was the first I ever heard back in '68, but I think it does a remarkable job of solidifying the BMB "sound" early on. Really, there's something to like on every album, even the rather uneven Back. Viva los Bajas!:bud:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom