Votes: 4 14.3%
  • DECEMBER'S CHILD

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • BACK TO CUERNAVACA

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

JOv2

Thank you, gentlemen. I'm sold.

(Hard to imagine a goatee changing a man's looks to such an extent -- to me anyway -- but that surely seems to be the case. I recall one year in the '70s Herb was in the Hollywood Santa Claus Lane Parade and he had a moustache...and he looked very different.)

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
I agree--the goatee was a different look, and actually, thanks to all the photos in Mexican garb, we didn't really know what he looked like without sombrero, cigar and a near-Fu Manchu mustache.

While this debut album doesn't possess the classic BMB sound, it does introduce it's nascent beginning and most importantly the template for future albums: some Julius originals, some covers and a fast/slow/fun mix of tunes. A home run for a debut album.

JOv2

Gentlemen, I'm 99% sure the fellow on the far right is Scott Turner (born, Graham Morrison Turnbull).

According to his Wikipedia entry, he was hired in 1963 by A&M to write and produce. He wrote / co-wrote a few numbers for the first two BMB LPs including Comin' in the Back Door. His likeness is also present on the 2nd LP cover photo.

Scott-Turner-Black-and-White-Headshot.jpg

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
I thought it was mentioned a long time ago that the extras in the photo were from the A&M offices, and that would fit if he were working with A&M at that time. 👍👍

Top Bottom