Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rhode Island Red

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
You'll have to find Claudine elsewhere... 🤣 (I own a single CD's worth, a compilation, just for one track.) But since there are digital releases of all the albums, they should all be available on YouTube.

rockdoctor

I decided that Summer Samba was my favorite choice from Fowl Play. I seemed to enjoy that selection more than the others. I have heard that song on the radio but by another artist. I do not know who it was as the AM station did not identify who it was and they did not have a playlist on their website.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Many artists have done "Summer Samba" like Astrud Gilberto, Wanda Sa, Walter Wanderley...

rockdoctor

Many artists have done "Summer Samba" like Astrud Gilberto, Wanda Sa, Walter Wanderley...
Harry,
The version I heard was very similar to BMB but maybe it was a slightly different mix of their record or someone that used BMB's style to record another version.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Yeah, there were lots of instrumental versions too, by various orchestras like a Percy Faith or Bert Kaempfert, or a Mantovani or the like. The melody lends itself to marimba-like instruments.

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
I believe Walter Wanderley's version was the hit version of the tune. And it had many cover versions after that point, including Wanderley redoing it with Astrud Gilberto.

Top Bottom