Baja Marimba Band on Streaming*

Update--this has been available on Qobuz since January 7. For anyone who doesn't own it yet in digital form, you can buy it in lossless format from the Qobuz store. Going to grab a download myself, in fact. (Added it to my growing cart. 😁 )

Since it was digitally released on CD many moons ago, this is probably why it was reissued now. The masters for the rest of the albums are probably long gone due to the Great Universal Master Tape Roast of 2008, so don't hold your breath they'll be released.

Since it was digitally released on CD many moons ago, this is probably why it was reissued now. The masters for the rest of the albums are probably long gone due to the Great Universal Master Tape Roast of 2008, so don't hold your breath they'll be rereleased.
I figured that was probably the case I think this might be the Japanese Master from which that aforementioned CD was made I just purchased it a couple days ago for $7.99 and it sounds very good through my system and headphones I hear more details in the overall sound than on the vinyl version I might grab the other remaining available downloads soon being as this first BMB Album is so extremely rare I consider it a "must have" regardless of the formats avaliable

I think the source must be that old Japanese CD because 1) it's mastered really bright (ouch!) and 2) it's mastered at a low level. Nice to see it available as a download at Qobuz but I won't be spending money on it, after having given it a listen. The other two Bajas sound more like the original vinyl.

Back
Top Bottom