Votes: 3 12.0%
  • A Spanish Rose

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Juarez

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Goin' Out The Side Door

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Giving this album a listen recently, I was struck with how much I enjoyed "Hecho En Mexico". It's a song that seems to get very little mention around here. I love the percussion where the song sort of stops and starts up again. It almost sounds like percussion is acting as a crank wind-up to get things going again.

I've changed my vote to this one for now. I still like both "Brasilia" and "Juarez" a lot too.

Giving this album a listen recently, I was struck with how much I enjoyed "Hecho En Mexico". It's a song that seems to get very little mention around here. I love the percussion where the song sort of stops and starts up again. It almost sounds like percussion is acting as a crank wind-up to get things going again.

I've changed my vote to this one for now. I still like both "Brasilia" and "Juarez" a lot too.
I like "Hecho En Mexico " to me that is an authentic sounding Mexican Mariachi song I myself have been listening to the BMB rides again Album I still love Majorca and I've bee. Practicing it on my Trumpets even the lead marimba parts I could easily do my own Herb Alpert style arrangement like He did with Brasilia and others except I would keep the rhythm of the original the same it's still a wonderful lp I bought mine in like new condition for A dollar in the summer of 1984 and it's still in pretty pristine shape considering it's age

All good tracks! 👍 I think this album is probably my favorite in the Baja catalog, aside from As Time Goes By, since it's the "purest" of the Mariachi sound they would record. I still have good memories growing up with Watch Out and Heads Up, though.

Back
Top Bottom