Be safe out there

ullalume

I know we're supposed to stick to the music but just wanted to wish you guys well during this crazy time. I'm sure that voice has got each and every one of you through difficult times in the past, I know it has for me, and I'm sure she'll help us get through this too.

Much love and be safe

Neil

Music is what helps calm us down, keep our minds off all the troubles in and around us. Now we all have something else in common. COVID-19 and music. We need music now more than ever!!!

We are from all parts of the United States and countries from all over the world. This is affecting everyone! We all need to stick together, follow our local mandates so we can all stay healthy, and be here to enjoy the A&M Corner!

I like that this is here myself. We can never engage in enough well-wishing. I wish the same for all of you. Wash your hands and your cellphones too. They get quite dirty and carry germs better than most things. Please be safe and stay healthy. It won't be easy but it can be if we all just stay inside. This will blow over. I wish you all patience and great health.

Ed

Many businesses and schools are closed. A lot of us are out of our element and finding we have a lot of time on our hands! While listening to music, what else are people doing to be productive........or occupy your time?

Might be good therapy to share the "human" equation that we all experience too. I agree this will blow over, but I have to say this situation is unique. I think of 9-11 first, as that was the first experience I remember everyone around me being out of their element. If this will be allowed here (without breaking forum guidelines) how are YOU doing, and what are you listening to right now when you aren't watching the news?

Hoping everyone and their loved ones are safe and have everything you need to get through this! Remember to reach out to your children (if not at home) your parents, siblings, friends, etc. If you have children at home spend some "quality" time with them while you have a chance. They need us right now! I hope we will become better people because of this experience, and maybe the planet can become a better place because of our joint efforts to conquer this pandemic.

I had been lazy in not setting up Youtube for my big-screen TV (through Roku). Done. Been enjoying their videos to help pass what is otherwise an incredibly boring time!

I'm sure that voice has got each and every one of you through difficult times in the past, I know it has for me, and I'm sure she'll help us get through this too.
Sounds like an angel to me. Anyway, this has been tough - feel like I'm stating the obvious here, but I am a parent to a very young child who doesn't understand what's going on. Having to make sure the house has nutritious food and with the kid getting major cabin fever here while hoping my spouse who still has to work outside the house everyday doesn't get sick is getting to be tough. It feels like it's not going to end. Best wishes to you all - my fellow Carpenters fans - much love to each of you special people. May you all be safe and find some comfort in each day.

Apologies if this has link has been posted elsewhere, but this might be an idea for those of us facing isolation - especially if they do more Carpenters.

All the best to all of you facing this crisis.

Truly lovely. The ending "aah"s were the best part. I wondered if it would come together and it did. Thanks for sharing....and be safe.

Ed

I live in NYC and having a tough time. My boss contracted it, my friends contracted it, and now I have a little cough and I'm just praying I don't develop more symptoms. So far no never. This made me cry. Thanks everyone for cheering me up. Love to all.

Apologies if this has link has been posted elsewhere, but this might be an idea for those of us facing isolation - especially if they do more Carpenters.

All the best to all of you facing this crisis.

I wish they would have name dropped Carpenters in the video description instead of just Burt Bacharach.

I wish they would have name dropped Carpenters in the video description instead of just Burt Bacharach.
...especially since they used Richard's arranging devices throughout.

Ed

I added my own comment to the You Tube video as well stating that "This is very heartwarming and really needed in times like these!...I just wish that the channel owner's description had mentioned The Carpenters since this arrangement is based on theirs plus their version is THE definitive one and a timeless classic!!"

I was also touched to read newvillefan's comment there as well.

Almost 2 weeks later. I hope everyone is okay. Try not to spend a lot of time watching the news. I am praying for you all. Take care of yourselves!

Good. Keep it up. The media is having a field day trying to scare everyone - waxing effluvial on a "minutely" basis with slanted opinion and unresearched "news". It's almost comical. They'll have an article titled "What's the Difference Between COVID and a Cold Symptoms?" which will tell you when you click the link that they really don't know (I really saw that today). The truth is there's very little known about what we're dealing with and reading about what people think will only drive us crazy. Just do as the CDC recommends, stay inside, and wash your hands. Life will go on and this will end.

Ed

In these very strange times, one of the things that has been amazing is how many artists have taken to social media to provide free mini-concerts for their fans. I’d love to know of any that have touched you all. We would never have heard all these clips and performances if it wasn’t for the current situation.

One of my favourites I’ve seen has a familiar link: Neil Sedaka. On the many videos he’s posted in the last few days, one comment amongst all the others caught my eye in particular...

I’ve always loved you music and legacy! Best day of my life was on my 21st birthday (1975) my friends threw me in the car, drove to Las Vegas and we saw you and The Carpenters in concert at the Riviera! I’ll never forget it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom