BEST OF BEST+ ORIGINAL MASTER KARAOKE+ 22 HITS

Good Craig! You sort of are pointing the way that fans can go in this era of "nothing more coming out." Seek out those discs that are holes in your collection. Find those missing compilations, even if there isn't much or anything new on them. At least it's unique in your collection. Scour eBay and Gemm and other used markets for those albums and compilations that you've missed over the years. There are so many out there that it's almost impossible to have literally everything.

The SWEET MEMORY set is a great example. It was historically so ridiculously expensive that most just shrugged it off, but now there seem to be sellers on eBay who are providing the massive set at reasonable prices. If your definition of "reasonable" is 10 bucks a CD, then shoot for a SWEET MEMORY set starting at $60. Any more than that could be considered value for rarity.

Seek out things like the Japanese TREASURES with some interesting remixes on lesser-anthologized tracks. Since there's nothing really new coming out, try to find something that's new to you in some way or another.

Harry

Something also to note, stuff is only going to get more expensive the other day I saw some sealed LPs 1st pressings US versions of A Song For You going for $100.00 I couldnt believe it. I wonder if these sellers know that Richard has finally called it quits. I was thinking of collecting every carpenters LP in sealed form but not at those prices.

I suspect that's just gouging. People come across a sealed LP and jack up the prices since the vinyl renaissance began. I think it's that way with all sealed vinyl these days, particularly one from a recognizable act.

Harry

It's possible but the other day I saw one of the box sets from Japan going for 1500.00 I said what is happening?

I meant to post this earlier but the other day Superstar Karaoke version played on iTunes while on rotation and it was so cool to just hear the backing harmonies of Karen. When they get isolated like that they really stand out and I get an appreciation for how gorgeous the backing harmonies are. It gives me chills to hear it like that. So glad I bought this Karaoke disc yrs ago.

I've got the anniverary edition of "Twenty Two Hits" that contained the revised karaoke album which included 'Sing'. So glad I got it when it came out. Same goes for the SACD which goes for megabucks now. I don't even own an SACD player and have never even played it. Just knowing I've got it in my collection gives me a thrill!

There's a note on the Carpenters Complete Recording Resource page that "A Japanese edition of TWENTY-TWO HITS, POCM-1585, was mistakenly issued initially with the original album mixes from the Remastered Classics. Richard, upon finding out about it, had it withdrawn and replaced with the ‘proper’ remixes, making that first issue extremely rare"

Does anyone here own one of those rare Japanese first issues?

http://carpenters.amcorner.com/album/twenty-two-hits-of-the-carpenters

That tidbit of info comes from member Scott B. who, if I read my emails correctly, doesn't own it, but found out about it and let me know.

A quick note, apparently the GEMM site is no longer.(discogs.com reports bankrupt)
Musicstack is much the replacement.

There's a note on the Carpenters Complete Recording Resource page that "A Japanese edition of TWENTY-TWO HITS, POCM-1585, was mistakenly issued initially with the original album mixes from the Remastered Classics. Richard, upon finding out about it, had it withdrawn and replaced with the ‘proper’ remixes, making that first issue extremely rare"

Does anyone here own one of those rare Japanese first issues?

Twenty-Two Hits Of The Carpenters
I had pretty much given up hope on this rare mispress version, but I actually got one today. I had listed it in my Discogs "want-list" ages ago and every now and then one would show up for $600 or something ridiculous, but recently there was one listed that wasn't so bad. It was still "Japanese-priced" but much more reasonable, like a regular-issue Japan disc.

The Discogs listing even listed this as new and sealed, and a promo to boot, and sure enough it is. The seal and obi were intact, and there's a Japan promo sticker on the rear. And the tracks like "Top Of The World" and "Yesterday Once More" are the original album tracks. Curiously, "Yesterday Once More" doesn't have any engine revving. I'll have to check its length to see if it was faded early.

This one's quite a little novelty.

I've had the 2CD set of Best & Karaokes for at least 2 decades or more. It's not one of my most listened to CDs. Somewhere in those 2 decades, my Karaoke CD got CD rot. I was able to save most of the songs to CDR before I lost everything. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a problem?

Hi Randy, I've just gotten my set out and played the both discs. They seem to be fine. I actually have these Karaoke tracks on three different CDs. This one, then a single disc released later, and then the 22 HITS version with the extra track of "Sing".

I've had the 2CD set of Best & Karaokes for at least 2 decades or more. It's not one of my most listened to CDs. Somewhere in those 2 decades, my Karaoke CD got CD rot. I was able to save most of the songs to CDR before I lost everything. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a problem?
I took a look at mine and it seems fine. Maybe related to where the CDs were stored?

Back
Top Bottom