🎄 Holidays! Best selling Christmas music - 2007

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
Our music distributor just sent out a list of their top-selling Christmas CDs. Unfortunately, Herb Alpert is not on the list. Carpenters are there -- not the stellar CHRISTMAS COLLECTION but the inferior "Special Edition" of CHRISTMAS PORTRAIT. Surprisingly, George Winston's DECEMBER is not on the list.

It's a sad comment on musical taste when Larry the Cable Guy's Christmas album sells better than Herb's!

How many of these have you heard (or want to hear)? I have 'bolded' the ones we've got.

GROBAN,JOSH / NOEL
MANNHEIM STEAMROLLER / CHRISTMAS
TAYLOR,JAMES / AT CHRISTMAS
GUARALDI,VINCE / CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS (I have a few of these tracks from iTunes)
CELTIC WOMAN / CHRISTMAS
MCLACHLAN,SARAH / WINTERSONG
IL DIVO / CHRISTMAS COLLECTION
TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA / LOST CHRISTMAS EVE
BUBLE,MICHAEL / LET IT SNOW
TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA /CHRISTMAS EVE AND OTHER STORIES
KEITH,TOBY / CLASSIC CHRISTMAS
KRALL,DIANA / CHRISTMAS SONGS
MCBRIDE,MARTINA / WHITE CHRISTMAS
KIDZ BOP KIDS / COOLEST KIDZ BOP CHRISTMAS
NOW CHRISTMAS 3 / VARIOUS
MANNHEIM STEAMROLLER / CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION
TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA / CHRISTMAS ATTIC
DISNEY CHANNEL HOLIDAY / VARIOUS
NOW CHRISTMAS: SIGNATURE COLLECTION / VARIOUS
MIDLER,BETTE / COOL YULE
CHRISTMAS WITH RAT PACK / VARIOUS
HALL & OATES / HOME FOR CHRISTMAS
IVES,BURL / RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
LARRY THE CABLE GUY / CHRISTMASTIME IN LARRYLAND
BENNETT,TONY / SNOWFALL
DION,CELINE / SPECIAL TIME
CARPENTERS / CHRISTMAS PORTRAIT SPECIAL EDITION
CHRISTMAS IN THE CITY / VARIOUS
KENNY G / GREATEST HOLIDAY
CROSBY,BING / WHITE CHRISTMAS
NOW CHRISTMAS / VARIOUS
JAMES,BONEY / CHRISTMAS PRESENT
HEAR SOMETHING COUNTRY/ VARIOUS
PRESLEY,ELVIS / ELVIS CHRISTMAS
PRESLEY,ELVIS / IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME
BARENAKED LADIES / BARENAKED FOR THE HOLIDAYS
BOLTON,MICHAEL / SWINGIN CHRISTMAS
MANNHEIM STEAMROLLER / CHRISTMAS EXTRAORDINAIRE
MARTIN,DEAN / CHRISTMAS WITH
CAREY,MARIAH / MERRY CHRISTMAS
BOTTI,CHRIS / DECEMBER
BUFFETT,JIMMY / CHRISTMAS ISLAND
KENNY G / HOLIDAY COLLECTION
DR ELMO / GRANDMA GOT RUN OVER BY A REINDEER
CHIPMUNKS / CHRISTMAS WITH
KEITH,TOBY / CHRISTMAS TO CHRISTMAS
LOVE'S HOLIDAY: A GOSPEL
MANILOW, BARRY / BECAUSE IT'S CHRISTMAS
POLAR EXPRESS / O.S.T.
CHIPMUNKS / CHRISTMAS WITH 2

I need to hear the Hall & Oates album--a friend of mind went to the concert last Saturday, and said they did a good job on those tunes live. The second half of the show was their hits. :thumbsup:

The only album I definitely know I have is Vince Guaraldi's Charlie Brown Christmas. I might have the Trans-Siberian Orchestra one, but it could be a different album. Mariah Carey's Merry Christmas? Pass the Pepto-Bismol!

It's a sad comment on musical taste when Larry the Cable Guy's Christmas Album sells better than Herb's!

Even Barry Manilow's Because It's Christmas should do better than that...! :|

Dave

I asked the music stock guy at the Navy Exchange here if they were going to get the TJB Christmas album (not that I'd buy another copy) and he said it was not on the stock list from the distributor they use. I found that odd since they stock other SOny product and even some Shout Factory Videos...

--Mr Bill

seashorepiano said:
Mariah Carey's Merry Christmas...?

My sister is the Family Hard-Core, Die-Hard Mariah Carey-phile... She had this, among Mariah's other works... (Man, if only she could'a stuck with Belinda Carlile/The Go-Go's...!)

Dave

Mr Bill said:
I asked the music stock guy at the Navy Exchange here if they were going to get the TJB Christmas album (not that I'd buy another copy) and he said it was not on the stock list from the distributor they use. I found that odd since they stock other SOny product and even some Shout Factory Videos...

--Mr Bill

Must depend on the distributor--the disc is still very much in print. Then again, there is such a glut of Xmas product these days, I suppose they have to cut their losses and sell only what moves, especially with it being a seasonal product. But still...

I still need to get a proper version of this CD in the Signature Series. I made the mistake of ordering one from yourmusic.com, and it came in a jewel case. They narrowed ("squeezed") the art in Photoshop to make the longer DigiPak artwork fit into a standard square CD-sized booklet. :mad:

When I said "I 'bolded' the ones we've got," I should have noted that we are stocking almost all of those titles at the store...the "bolded" ones are in my own personal collection.

Back
Top Bottom