Bless the Beasts and The Children on CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

AandMFan

I'm sure this has been asked many times but I am new to the web site and haven't seen this topic. With the vinyl version selling for a lot of money, why won't Richard or A&M release this on CD?

Actually I can't remember this topic coming up before. (You can find the album discussed in our Album of the Week feature, just do a search on the title.)

As far as its release, I'm sure Richard Carpenter has nothing to do with it. The album was a soundtrack and only featured the Carpenters title song, which was probably licensed by the film company.

It was not a big seller in its time, is a very short album, and the movie was not a big hit either and is currently not available on video. So it's probably not exactly a high priority item to release the soundtrack.

Welcome to the forum.

Of course the interest in the soundtrack derives from the fact that the title track, as performed by Carpenters, is a different mix than the one that featured on the A SONG FOR YOU album. It would be nice if someday Richard exhumed that mix and put it out as a bonus track or as part of a rarities set. I'm sure fans would welcome it.

Harry

BLESS THE BEASTS AND CHILDREN would be a perfect album for release by the "limited edition" arm of Universal -- there have been a number of classic soundtracks that have had limited-edition releases recently. It seems the perfect solution for an album that will have very limited appeal.

I bought the soundtrack to the movie HAWAII on CD a couple of months ago; I think it was limited to 3,000 copies, and it was released by Varese Sarabande. Similarly, soundtracks to the movies MAME, THE PIRATE, GAY PURR-EE, DU BARRY WAS A LADY and others have been made available in limited editions from Rhino Handmade.

Perhaps it would be good to see if Universal has a place where people can mail or e-mail them with requests for releases. I'll have to do some checking.

David

I found this e-mail address for submitting questions/feedback/requests to Universal Music:

[email protected]

It probably wouldn't hurt for people to e-mail them and ask for the BLESS THE BEASTS soundtrack to be released on CD!

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom