• The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available. Use this link to order, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Bless the beasts

Proudofyou

Why don't I ever listen to this more? Why do I forget it even exists?? This needs to be remastered. And so appropriate for what is going on today. Click on the video on YouTube and look at the cover the movie!! A friggin gun. This needs to be heard.

GDB2LV

I remember finding a used copy of the soundtrack around 1975, and hearing the original mix for the first time.What a surprise to hear a different recording. I love this song and either version, including the re-recorded version on ASFU,is fine with me. Karen’s vocals are at their best, and it could have been a single on it's own I think. It did chart of course, but as a b-side. One of the girls in our high school chamber choir performed it at a Miss Kern County pageant in early 1973, and was crowned the winner. She had a nice alto voice too. Maybe RPO Volume 2? Definitely one of Carpenters finest performances for sure, and fond memories for sure.

Proudofyou

that's what I was thinking. remastered with rpo. I would have preferred this than I believe you.....sorry, just my taste. best wishes to all!

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
This is one of my favorite Carpenters songs, on my favorite album of theirs. I think the song is uplifting, but the movie (and the book) are pretty melancholy. I don't really care what version I hear, although I like the movie version the best by a slight margin.

As for the gun on the movie poster...again, if you've seen the movie you'll know that it is totally appropriate for the story. That's one of my favorite movie posters.

John Adam

Think I like the background vocals the best on the Soundtrack version. The "A Song For You" version and latter remixes is much more slick and polished. This is nice and clean.

From vinyl:

Top Bottom