BOB EDMONDSON - R.I.P.

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
Bob Edmondson, TJB trombonist and resident funnyman, passed away Friday/Saturday in a care facility in the Los Angeles area. More info can be found on FaceBook, in a post by his daughter:

Hi TJB friends. I wanted to let you know that my Dad, Bob Edmondson, passed away in his sleep, peacefully yesterday (late Friday night / early Saturday morning) - just after midnight. He had Alzheimer’s and CIDP and had been living in a wonderful long-term facility since last July. They took such amazing care of him. His body just shut down. No pain, no suffering - we are so thankful. It was time.
Of course we are sad, but find comfort in the fact that he passed still knowing and recognizing my mom (Lisa), my sister (Heather), and me. Here is the last picture that was taken of him the afternoon before he passed. He was smiling until the end and was always cracking jokes.
As Nelson Riddle used to say, “The band upstairs is even better now.”

HERB-BOB_BULLISH_NJ_3z.jpg
Bob on '84 BULLISH TOUR at Garden State Arts Center in New Jersey.

YOUSMILE0124pz.jpg
Bob in YOU SMILE TOUR, '74 at Warwick Music Theatre in Rhode Island.

Oh, how sad...

Bob was my favourite of the whole TJB experience. His mannerisms and vocalizations on the recordings were always joyfully received. He was a class-A trombonist as well.

🎶

My Condolences to The Edmondson Family RIP Bob He was the American Cheese Sandwich of the TJB along with the 4 Lasagnas and 2 bagels now there's just Herb,John Pisano and Pat Senatore who remain with us

Aw man, this is sad news, indeed! I really liked Bob; he seemed to be a cool guy to hang with, and his comic sketches in the TJB were classic("we'e a septet plus one,or...an OVERSEXEDTET!!! LOL!!) I also liked in the BEAT OF THE BRASS special when he did cymbals banging skit when the band was playing "Strutting With Maria" and also when they played "Slick", he got into an argument with the high school basebal player, and the kid chased him off the field...classic.

He was also a great trombone player, and helped to complete the TJB sound. Every song that the Brass did has his unique and special touch. I'm glad that he left in a peaceful way, and all us Herb/TJB fans will miss him dearly, but the most important legacy that he ;leaves is that he brought entertainment and joy to millions of people worldwide. My condolences to his family and friends. Just this weekend, we lost B.J. Thomas, Gavin("The Love Boat")Mcleod, and earlier this year, the legendary Mary Wilson of The Supremes; whom I had the pleasure of meeting two years ago.

Wow, we are really losing our greats. Again, Rest In Power, Bob; you were loved.

Wow, this one hits home. I wasn’t born when Nick Ceroli died, and didn’t have a computer or know about Julius, Lou, or Tonni when they passed.

Just a poignant reminder, life doesn’t go on forever.

RIP

Bob Edmondson, TJB trombonist and resident funnyman, passed away Friday/Saturday in a care facility in the Los Angeles area. More info can be found on FaceBook, in a post by his daughter:

Hi TJB friends. I wanted to let you know that my Dad, Bob Edmondson, passed away in his sleep, peacefully yesterday (late Friday night / early Saturday morning) - just after midnight. He had Alzheimer’s and CIDP and had been living in a wonderful long-term facility since last July. They took such amazing care of him. His body just shut down. No pain, no suffering - we are so thankful. It was time.
Of course we are sad, but find comfort in the fact that he passed still knowing and recognizing my mom (Lisa), my sister (Heather), and me. Here is the last picture that was taken of him the afternoon before he passed. He was smiling until the end and was always cracking jokes.
As Nelson Riddle used to say, “The band upstairs is even better now.”

HERB-BOB_BULLISH_NJ_3z.jpg
Bob on '84 BULLISH TOUR at Garden State Arts Center in New Jersey.

YOUSMILE0124pz.jpg
Bob in YOU SMILE TOUR, '74 at Warwick Music Theatre in Rhode Island.
I saw that Bullish tour in Atlantic City! Wishing peace to Mr Edmondson’s family.

How lucky I was to see Bob perform live in concert with the second iteration of the Tijuana Brass back in 1974. His trombone always complimented the two trumpets in the brass section. What great memories. God's blessings to you and your family.

I saw all three versions of the TJB. The first at the Arie Crown Theatre in Chicago. The second at the new Arie Crown after the first burned down. And the third version at Poplar Creek Theatre in Hoffman Estates Illinois. Herb put on a great show and Bob Edmondson was always a big part of that.

I somehow missed this. R.I.P. Mr. Edmondson, you were truly a class act. I really enjoy listening to the trombone parts on the TJB tunes -- I think my favorite Edmondson work is on "Monday, Monday" -- it sounds like he really had fun with that one.

Back
Top Bottom