1. The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available for preorder! Use this link to preorder, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Box set of three vinyl

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Song4uman, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Song4uman

Song4uman Well-Known Member Thread Starter

so, I was at a used vinyl store here is St. Louis and ran across a box set of vinyl. I believe there were three albums in a thin brown box. Maybe called Carpenters Collection?? It was $20. Does anyone know about this set, and is that a good price. I don’t need it but am interested.
    Thanks
    Jonathan

2. Song4uman

3. Rudy

Rudy ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Site Admin

US
    If the vinyl is clean, those might be some good pressings in that box. The Discogs listings are all in the UK or EU, so I'm thinking it probably doesn't show up here too often. In essence, $6.66 each. If they're in excellent condition, I would think that is a very fair price. (I probably would have bought it if I'd seen it locally.)

4. ars nova

ars nova Active Member

I have the set. it's been a long time since I've listened to it. NOW AND THEN is the last album to be included, so there aren't any one the '90s remixes. the packaging is quite nice; a booklet on heavy paper containing a transcript of an interview from los angeles. for a collector, depending on condition, $ 20 is a steal, not so much for the casual listener.

5. ars nova

ars nova Active Member

now that I think about it, it is odd that the material stops with NOW AND THEN, but the cover logo is from HORIZON.

6. Song4uman

The box was a little messed up and I don’t remember a book. I may have to take another look.

7. GaryAlan

GaryAlan Well-Known Member

I do have this UK released 3 LP vinyl set.
    Insert:
    "a special limited-edition of previously released material by A&M records"

Here, a mention in Billboard:
    Billboard

8. Song4uman

Went back today. Box a little messed up. No booklet or embossed page. Album one was beautiful but the other two were pretty scratched. Visible scratches and marks. Decided not worth it.

Jonathan

Rudy likes this.
  9. Rudy

Rudy ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Site Admin

US
    Good move. I would buy something like that only to have it on clean vinyl. I won't buy "beaters" just to have in a collection. :)

Song4uman likes this.