Burt Bacharach Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
The following release is from Producer friend, Jim Pierson, who put this program together:

Attached is press release for the June debut of
MY MUSIC: BURT BACHARACH'S BEST
pledge special on PBS.

The show features rare footage not seen in
decades by Burt, Dionne, Dusty and others.

A DVD of the program with bonus material
not seen in the broadcast - including 1967
studio rehearsal and discussion with Burt,
Hal and Dionne during the recording of
"I Say A Little Prayer" plus a duet of
"I'll Never Fall In Love Again" by Dionne
with Glen Campbell from 1970 -- will be
available for those who make a pledge
to support PBS.

The otherwise out-of-print Rhino 3 CD
set "The Burt Bacharach Collection"
will also be offered and a new CD
compilation "Dionne Warwick Sings
Burt Bacharach" with a previously
unreleased Bacharach composition
(written with Bobby Russell) from
1974 entitled "And Then You Know
What He Did."

Very glad this is coinciding with Burt's
book and happy to celebrate more A&M-
related legacies of course.
BURT BACHARACH’S BEST (MY MUSIC PRESENTS)
June 2013 (check local listings)

– Celebrate the Legendary Songwriter With Performances
By The Artists Who Made His Music Famous –

BURT PBS.jpg

For over half a century, the immensely popular and immediately identifiable melodies of celebrated composer Burt Bacharach have touched millions of music lovers around the world. Bacharach established himself in the 1960s as a topical successor to his Tin Pan Alley predecessors, creating some of the most beloved and successful pop music ever to grace radio, television and film. Hosted by Robert Wagner, this first-time ever archival PBS special includes all the original artists performing Bacharach’s hits with rare footage and clips from the 1960s -1980s. BURT BACHARACH’S BEST (MY MUSIC PRESENTS) premieres on PBS stations beginning June 1, 2013 (check local listings).

Bacharach teamed with lyricist Hal David for a stunning run of classic songs, many in tandem with Dionne Warwick (“Walk On By,” “I Say A Little Prayer,” “Alfie”). British songbird Dusty Springfield introduced the seductive standard “The Look Of Love” while Tom Jones popularized the playful “What’s New Pussycat?”,Herb Alpert romanticed with “This Guy’s In Love With You” and Jackie DeShannon touched hearts with the iconic “What The World Needs Now Is Love.” The smashes continued in the seventies when The Carpenters reached #1 with “(They Long To Be) Close To You,” following another number one evergreen, “Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head,” the Oscar-winning tune sung by B.J. Thomas in the film Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid. Soul-pop ensemble The Fifth Dimension present the sultry ballad “One Less Bell To Answer.” The 1980s witnessed more Bacharach chart-toppers such as “Arthur’s Theme” by Christopher Cross and “That’s What Friends Are For” by Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder, Gladys Knight & Elton John.
Burt Bacharach continues to perform concert dates across the globe and his autobiography, “Anyone Who Had A Heart,” has just been published by HarperCollins.

BURT BACHARACH’S BEST (MY MUSIC PRESENTS) features these performances:

· “Walk On By” – Dionne Warwick
· “I Say A Little Prayer” – Dionne Warwick
· “Any Day Now” – Chuck Jackson
· “What’s New Pussycat?” – Tom Jones
· “The Look Of Love” – Dusty Springfield
· “This Guy’s In Love With You” – Herb Alpert
· “This Girl’s In Love With You” – Dionne Warwick
· “Alfie” – Dionne Warwick
· “Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head” – B.J. Thomas
· “One Less Bell To Answer” – The Fifth Dimension
· “What The World Needs Now Is Love” – Jackie DeShannon
· “(They Long to Be) Close To You” – Carpenters
· “A House Is Not a Home” – Burt Bacharach & Dusty Springfield
· “Arthur’s Theme” – Christopher Cross & Burt Bacharach with Carole Bayer Sager
· “That’s What Friends Are For” – Elton John, Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder & Gladys Knight
· “(There’s) Always Something There To Remind Me” – Burt Bacharach & orchestra

PBS special programming invites viewers to experience the worlds of science, history, nature and public affairs; hear diverse viewpoints; and take front-row seats to world-class drama and performances. Viewer contributions are an important source of funding, making PBS programs possible. PBS and public television stations offer all Americans from every walk of life the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and online content.

TJL Productions
Executive producers: Jim Pierson & T. J. Lubinsky

PBS –
The following is a link to the PBS site,
http://www.npr.org/2013/05/04/18053...raid-of-something-that-you-can-whistle?ft=1&f

BURT BACHARACH is appearing on today's MSNBC morning show "MORNING JOE." Not sure what time, but program ends at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time.

BURT JOE HD.jpg

Thanks Steve. It's always great to see Burt.

Harry

Well, you have Bob Hillard, and of course Hal David! (They weren't worth an "honorable mention", then?)

-- Dave

Cool that they used a clip from one of his A&M albums for intro music. Normally they'd feature the hit version.

Well, you have Bob Hillard, and of course Hal David! (They weren't worth an "honorable mention", then?)

-- Dave

This was a short interview and it was about Burt! However, Joe Scarborough mentioned Hal before ending and Burt said he felt bad that Hal was in the hospital and couldn't make it to the White House for the Gershwin Award.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom