"CᴬᴿᴾᴱᴺᵀᴱᴿS" logo font generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainyDays

I'm sure there are generators for other band logos (where you type in your own text with a distnctive font), but I can't find the a "CarpenterS" one. Does anybody know if such a thing exists?

I don't know of one. Since the logo is curved, it would probably not lend itself to exactly replicating the logo, but there are some talented font creators out there.

Harry

The logo was designed from scratch by A&M's marketing team, it wasn't based on an existing font. It was a bespoke design based around their name.

Right, but font makers are rather creative when it comes to designing fonts around existing logos and logotype. I have many STAR TREK fonts, a TWILIGHT ZONE font, one from THE PRISONER; plus a bunch from various movies. If a person DID attempt a CarpenterS font, then the curvature at the bottom would be problematic, as an "A" would always want or need an up-slope on the bottom.

My attempt at something a computer could handle was used by the OP in the title of this thread. It's based on a standard C and S, with some odd up-shifted capital letters I found in Windows Character map. The problem with it is that some browsers and operating systems don't recognize it and you get a C, a bunch of boxes or blanks, and an S.

Harry

Looks like the way it's written seems just right the way you have it here... (And I didn't even know that you could use font stylings in Thread titles...!)

And if only I'd jotted down just how many logos I have seen out there that mimic that CarpenterS logo, too!

-- Dave

Right, but font makers are rather creative when it comes to designing fonts around existing logos and logotype. I have many STAR TREK fonts, a TWILIGHT ZONE font, one from THE PRISONER; plus a bunch from various movies. If a person DID attempt a CarpenterS font, then the curvature at the bottom would be problematic, as an "A" would always want or need an up-slope on the bottom.

My attempt at something a computer could handle was used by the OP in the title of this thread. It's based on a standard C and S, with some odd up-shifted capital letters I found in Windows Character map. The problem with it is that some browsers and operating systems don't recognize it and you get a C, a bunch of boxes or blanks, and an S.

Harry

Actually Harry, I copy and pasted a time when you wrote the logo on a post and I saved it! But it's interesting how you did it.

Actually Harry, I copy and pasted a time when you wrote the logo on a post and I saved it! But it's interesting how you did it.

That's what I figured - that you copied it from my earlier attempt. I kind of liked the way that looked, but realized when I viewed the threads on my phone that it wasn't coming through properly. It's OK on a Windows-based machine with the proper browser, but most other devices will be thrown off by those little upper-case letters in the middle - a Windows extended character set.

Harry

When I view the thread title on my windows pc (xp) it shows "C then square blocks then S" but on my iPhone it says "CarpenterS"

Yeah, it's an odd situation. The upper-shifted capital letters are part of an extended character set. I can see them in my Windows Seven screens in both Internet Explorer and Chrome. But when I view them on an Android phone, I get blocks and garbage.

I came up with that last year and used it a couple of times, and then discovered it wasn't universal.

Harry

You could probably make a fair approximation of the logo using the text-bending and drawing features in Photoshop, although a way faster method would be to use the Google image search function...I just tried that and found several dozen versions of it in various sizes and colors. Or maybe you are attempting to type some other word in the format of the famous logo?

And if only I'd jotted down just how many logos I have seen out there that mimic that CarpenterS logo, too!

-- Dave

Towing companies, liquor stores, tobacco shops--you name it; just to name a few!

A huge letter at the beginning, a huge letter at the end!

Beginning in capital letters, beginning and ending with capital letters, done in all caps, or small letters in between--the list is endless!

-- DavE :razz:

I fly all over (I'm a flight attendant) and it amazes me how many places of business have used similar logos, blatant ripoffs of the original Carpenters logo! I think it's cool. Everything from Pizza parlors to drum stick manufactures, etc.

Towing companies, liquor stores, tobacco shops--you name it; just to name a few!

A huge letter at the beginning, a huge letter at the end!

Beginning in capital letters, beginning and ending with capital letters, done in all caps, or small letters in between--the list is endless!

-- DavE :razz:

Don't forget the Carpenters' Union. Saw this all the time I lived in Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom