Calling Occupants featured in American Horror Story

CloseToYou10

I just finished watching the first episode of season 8 of "American Horror Story: Apocalypse" and the Carpenters' version of "Calling Occupants" is featured prominently in this episode - twice! This was a complete and delightful surprise to me. I knew that Stevie Nicks would be featured again in this season but had no idea about the Carpenters' song. The other song that is featured prominently in this episode is Maureen McGovern's "The Morning After". Without giving away spoilers, both songs appear to have plot related reasons for being there. Check it out!

Apparently the Carpenters version of “Calling Occupants” was also in the 2013 X-Men film “The Wolverine” during its theatrical run but replaced with another groups version for the home video release.

While at "Calling Occupants", Klaatu's version can be heard at the end of the Mindhunter S01E04 episode. For those who are not familiar, the series is based in late '70s, and features a lot of signs-of-the-times, and I did expect some kind of Carpenters' stamps.

I just finished watching the first episode of season 8 of "American Horror Story: Apocalypse" and the Carpenters' version of "Calling Occupants" is featured prominently in this episode - twice! This was a complete and delightful surprise to me. I knew that Stevie Nicks would be featured again in this season but had no idea about the Carpenters' song. The other song that is featured prominently in this episode is Maureen McGovern's "The Morning After". Without giving away spoilers, both songs appear to have plot related reasons for being there. Check it out!
Are we sure it was the Carpenters' version? At first upon hearing the chorus in the background, I was sure it was them, but then later when hearing another snippet with more of the vocal verse track, I was not so sure it was Karen singing. It was late and I was tired, so my listening skills were not at their best (nothing to do with age either)! :)

Source:
www.bustle.com/p/why-the-songs-in-ahs-apocalypse-could-mean-way-more-than-you-think-11968475

"Why The Songs In 'AHS: Apocalypse' Could Mean Way More Than You Think"

---
"The first song viewers hear inside the bunker is the Carpenters' "Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft."
Evan Peters' character immediately complains that it's been playing on a loop, and the song definitely has a dreamy, Rocky Horror Picture Show vibe that's enough to put anyone on edge given the circumstances."
---
"This Carpenters' song could be just yet another vague nod to outer space,
or it might mean that viewers should gear up for more otherworldly terrors."
----

Back
Top Bottom