Captain and Tennille- Make Your Move

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

I have a sealed copy of Captain and Tennille's Make Your Move LP. I wanted to know the value and found some online that go up to $40 and they are used. I bought mine at a local record shop for $1 because they are going out of business. Does anybody know the correct value of this LP :?:

Andrew
...expanding my music collection...

I actually found this LP in a box of really old Lp's recently, I thought I had sold it but there it was, I cleaned it up & played it the other day. I remember buying this at the music store when they use to sell records. Remember buying it for the song, "Do that to me one more time"

Wow $40.00? Used? I didn't know I had such an investment. :)

I'm sure someone here has a record book that might say how much it's worth.

One of Goldmine's collector books may have a value. Our Tim Neely writes some price guides for Goldmine, but I don't think pop/rock is one of them. He may know which book has the going values in it.

Look at GEMM, too...some of the more reasonably priced sellers may be a good guide for what it's really worth. Ebay tends to be quite inflated.

In one of those "Eight Arms To Hold You" moments, first pressings of the #1 single "Do That To Me One More Time" (Casablanca NB 2215, as in my collection) listed the source album's title as Messages, but at least on the songwriting credit they got Ms. Tennille's surname right; whereas when later pressings corrected the album title to that which actually was, her name as in parentheses was given as "(Toni Tenille)."

The MAKE YOUR MOVE LP wouldn't be worth much,but i always wanted to get that album on CD(It was available in Japan a few years ago).Actually,I think Casablanca/Polygram should have combined both C&T Casasblanca album on 1 disc.(MAKE YOUR MOVE and KEEPING OUR LOVE WARM).KEEPING OUR LOVE WARM followed the same formula as MAKE YOUR MOVE,and has some really slick tracks-including a stunning version of "Since I Fell For You".Incidently,Toni Tennilles first solo album from 1984, "More Than You Know",was just released on CD a few months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom