Carpenters Achievements

basasfan

Hello, fellas! I'm from Argentina, and I'm new on this page, although I've been reading it about years ago. Hope you are well.

I want to start a thread about all of the many Carpenters achievements over the years. Since I red or listened, not sure, that the Carpenters were the first musical act in history to have three top 3 singles in a row from a single album [on the Billboard charts]. Is that correct? Also their very strong fanbase in East Asia. Particulary Japan, in that country their surpassed even The Beatles, If I'm not wrong. But also there was a strong impact on countries like Philippines, South Korea, and Taiwan. Also their impact on China, beginning on the eighties. I think they are one of the most, if not the most, popular Western act in that country and their songs appears in English Books in schools! The voice of Karen is attached to a change of the times about almots 40 years ago in that country.

The Carpenters also entered on the Latin American market very succesfully. And actually, their impact on the two of the biggest record markets in the world (Japan and the UK) still remain, which is amazing.

What do you think of this?

Hi Basasfan welcome to the forum.

The Carpenters achieved a lot and broke many records but it would be near enough impossible to type them all out ! :laugh::rotf:

Yes hi basasfan,

There may be others here with more specific answers to your questions about impact in China or elsewhere. To my recollection, both The Carpenters and ABBA had a fairly pronounced impact on securing some American pop music play there.

Hi Basasfan welcome to the forum.

The Carpenters achieved a lot and broke many records but it would be near enough impossible to type them all out ! :laugh::rotf:
I know but maybe there are ones which are standouts as that one of the top 3 singles from one album.

Hello, fellas! I'm from Argentina, and I'm new on this page, although I've been reading it about years ago. Hope you are well.

I want to start a thread about all of the many Carpenters achievements over the years. Since I red or listened, not sure, that the Carpenters were the first musical act in history to have three top 3 singles in a row from a single album [on the Billboard charts]. Is that correct? Also their very strong fanbase in East Asia. Particulary Japan, in that country their surpassed even The Beatles, If I'm not wrong. But also there was a strong impact on countries like Philippines, South Korea, and Taiwan. Also their impact on China, beginning on the eighties. I think they are one of the most, if not the most, popular Western act in that country and their songs appears in English Books in schools! The voice of Karen is attached to a change of the times about almots 40 years ago in that country.

The Carpenters also entered on the Latin American market very succesfully. And actually, their impact on the two of the biggest record markets in the world (Japan and the UK) still remain, which is amazing.

What do you think of this?
I was referring to standouts achievements, for example top ten albumbs in the UK for four consecutive decades.

I was referring to standouts achievements, for example top ten albumbs in the UK for four consecutive decades.

Thats a good point, they have achieved 11 UK Top 10 albums across the last 5 decades with at least one in each decade... I just know they're going to have more this decade !

Back
Top Bottom