Carpenters albums deleted from iTunes?

Frankly, I'm surprised that so many are listening to Carpenters music via streaming and mp3s. I always get everything on CD and make my own "traveling music" - and never mp3s. I use the wma (Windows media) compression. It sounds better than mp3 to my ears.

Spotify allows you to download music in very high quality (320 kbits/s) and for £10 a month it’s worth every penny.

Frankly, I'm surprised that so many are listening to Carpenters music via streaming and mp3s. I always get everything on CD and make my own "traveling music" - and never mp3s. I use the wma (Windows media) compression. It sounds better than mp3 to my ears.

I have all CD/Vinyl/Cassette/8-Track rips on both my iPhone and iPad. Every version of each album with album cover and all. I have 120 gigs of music.

I want to collect everything digital for personal reasons. I have Offering in my phone from my CDs (I changed the cover and title) and bought ticket to ride from iTunes and left reviews. I want to say I own everything in every format even the format I can’t stand.. digital. iTunes is better then streaming if it’s downloaded to your device. I want to own EVERYTHING. It’s personal and for collector reasons. Call me crazy it’s just how I feel. It helps boost sales to show there are many fans. I have from the top box version with mint booklet. I never even listen to the iTunes copies I buy. I bought them just because.

I only listen to digital when away from home. CDs are home use only or when going to a friends house..

And btw .Wav or .Flac is uncompressed. Will NEVER listen to an MP3 again. Apples .AAC is far more superior.

Last edited:
I was searching the same thing on Apple Music Philippines and almost all of the albums I saved were deleted. The only available albums were Live Broadcast 31st May 1974 the Budokan, Tokyo, Carpenters Gold (35th Anniversary Edition), Carpenters Gold, Lovelines, Made In America, Close To You and A Kind of Hush.

But when I search today, 2 albums were added: Carpenters and A Song For You.

I think these albums are being licensed again. Not sure.

ps: Just a new fan this year.

You just have to consider the "convenience" factor. I've listened to lots of artists on Amazon streaming just because it's convenient where I work.... rather than having to bring in my iPod or some CDs to play, I just ask for the album I want, or more often I'll play the appropriate "station." And the iPod connection to my pickup is flaky enough (it works maybe one out of five times, if that) that I've often used Prime to play music in the vehicle too.

Heck I've even paid a couple of bucks to watch a streaming movie on a cold winter's night when I have the DVD downstairs in the TV cabinet and it's too dang cold to get out of bed!

Well, yeah, sure, I do the movie or TV show thing where I may own the DVD or even Blu-ray, but its easier to sit in the comfy seat and push a few buttons to find what I'm looking for on Amazon or the Roku somewhere. But I usually regret that decision when I see how compressed the streaming picture looks compared to a Blu-ray. But hey, if I'm going to fall asleep anyway...

I use the same on my windows media on my laptop too and I agree with you .And thankfully I still have my Cds too

I know I am probably the weird one, but I do not like steaming with Apple Music for the normalization and dynamic compression results in an empty sound for me, yet purchased downloads from the Apple Store sound great in comparison. Streaming in Amazon Music with the Echo Dot does not have the same destructive nature that Apple streaming has to my ears and both are connected to my entertainment system. I like the method Apple uses in promoting their streaming selections but I have to purchase them through the Apple Store before listening, but I am happy streaming songs from Amazon for they don't sound as 'radio justified'.

Well some of the albums are back but one different, they went up in price. A Song for You was 5.99 before and it’s now 9.99. Strange

Well some of the albums are back but one different, they went up in price. A Song for You was 5.99 before and it’s now 9.99. Strange
This could be a sign that they are becoming available again under a new licensing agreement and as such prices will be higher

Back
Top Bottom