Carpenters Anthology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark-T

Hi everyone. With Richard's recent interview (thanks again, Chris!), it seems as if we won't see any further unreleased tracks from our favorite duo.

I've been thinking about building my own Anthology CD set, and I have come up with a disc breakdown. Would anyone be interested in seeing if I have the individual songs in correct order by the recorded date?

I have left Christmas recordings off the list.

Here it is:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parting of Our Ways/Looking For Love/I’ll Be Yours/You’ll Love Me

California Dreaming/Nowhere Man/Don’t Be Afraid/Your Wonderful Parade

Goodnight/Can’t Buy Me Love/Get Together/Ticket to Ride/Someday/All of My Life

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Close to You/Maybe It’s You/We’ve Only Just Begun/Reason to Believe

Baby, It’s You/I’ll Never Fall in Love Again

For All We Know/Superstar/Rainy Days and Mondays/Let Me Be the One

Hideaway/Bacharach Medley/Sometimes

Bless the Beasts and the Children/And When He Smiles

Hurting Each Other/For All We Know (reprise)

A Song For You/It’s Going to Take Some Time

Goodbye to Love/I Won’t Last A Day Without You

Rode Ode/This Masquerade

Sing/Yesterday Once More

Fun, Fun, Fun/The End of the World/Deadman’s Curve/Johnny Angel

The Night Has A Thousand Eyes/Our Day Will Come/One Fine Day

Top of the World/Please Mr. Postman

Perry Como Medley

Only Yesterday/Desperado/Solitaire/Trying to Get the Feeling Again

Sailing on the Tide/Goodbye and I Love You

Love Me For What I Am/I Can Dream Can’t I?

Good Friends Are For Keeps/There’s A Kind of Hush

Ordinary Fool/I Need to Be in Love/One More Time

Boat to Sail/I Have You

Superstar/Rainy Days Medley

Hits Medley 1976
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All You Get From Love is a Love Song/Bwana She No Home

I Just Fall in Love Again/You’re the One

Don’t Cry For Me Argentina/Sweet, Sweet Smile

Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft

Close Encounters/Star Wars Themes

Suntory Pop Jingle #1/Suntory Pop Jingle #

From the Heart Comes the Soul

I Believe You/Where Do I Go From Here?

When I Fall in Love/Slow Dance

Leave Yesterday Behind/Dancing in the Street

Honolulu City Lights/Little Girl Blue

Look to Your Dreams

Without A Song/I Got Rhythm/Dizzy Fingers

Ella Fitsgerald Medley/You’re Just in Love

Music, Music, Music Bacharach Medley

Those Good Old Dreams/The Rainbow Connection

Touch Me When We’re Dancing/Strength of A Woman

Want You Back in My Life Again/Make Believe It’s Your First Time

Kiss Me the Way You Did Last Night/Your Baby Doesn’t Love You Anymore

At the End of A Song/Prime Time Love/Somebody’s Been Lying

You’re Enough/Now

hey there,

well most of it seems fine, at least year by year, though some were recorded earlier in a year than others. . . e.g. "You're Baby. . ." was recorded in Nov. 1980 whereas Somebody's Been Lyin' was laid down in June/July or August.

The only year by year errors I can see are "From the Heart. . ." which was recorded in '74 rather than '77, and I'm pretty sure "Sailing on the Tide", though composed in '75, wasn't recorded until '77. Also "Can't by me love" was done in '67 (?) and not '69.

Hope this helps. If you wanted I could try and pin some of them down to the month they were done.

Neil

If you wanted I could try and pin some of them down to the month they were done.

Neil
That would be an interesting collaborative project if those in the know could iron out the order to at least the month of each recording. I personally have no knowledge of those details.

Harry

Well, Honolulu/Leave Yesterday/Slow Dance/I believe You were done Sept '78.

From the Top/Essential Collection allows you to do some detective work, since it's "very" chronological. We know they started MIA on June 12th and that "Because We Are in Love" was recorded just before the wedding on August 31st, ergo we know that Touch Me, When it's Gone, Make Believe were all done between June-Aug, and that "Dreams" was done in Sept/Oct/Nov.

Little Girl Blue was recorded in April '78 for Space Encounters, and Where Do I Go. . .was recorded prior to this.

We know that it was on their parents wedding anniversary that they recorded Aurora/Eventide so that would put those 2 tracks on April 9th 1975.

I'll get back when i think of any others

Well, Honolulu/Leave Yesterday/Slow Dance/I believe You were done Sept '78.

From the Top/Essential Collection allows you to do some detective work, since it's "very" chronological. We know they started MIA on June 12th and that "Because We Are in Love" was recorded just before the wedding on August 31st, ergo we know that Touch Me, When it's Gone, Make Believe were all done between June-Aug, and that "Dreams" was done in Sept/Oct/Nov.

Little Girl Blue was recorded in April '78 for Space Encounters, and Where Do I Go. . .was recorded prior to this.

We know that it was on their parents wedding anniversary that they recorded Aurora/Eventide so that would put those 2 tracks on April 9th 1975.

I'll get back when i think of any others
"Because We Are In Love" and "Somebody's Been Lyin" were recorded August 27,1980-four days before Karen's Wedding.

"Make Believe" and "Prime Time Love" were the first tracks recorded for MIA-June,1980.

This is fascinating stuff....after we get all the info gathered on dates can someone re-post the list with times and dates next to each song? I've been wanting something like this forever of their entire catalog of songs.

It appears we are not getting anything else from Richard so what we have is what we have....we should do this now. Is it possible to update the Carpenters Recourse site with this info when we have it all together?

Thanks, everyone,
I can't dig in now, but I'll make the changes as mentioned and repost.

How's this? Thanks for the help. If anyone wants to cut/paste by date, please have a go.

Parting of Our Ways/Looking For Love/I’ll Be Yours/You’ll Love Me

California Dreaming/Nowhere Man//Can’t Buy Me Love / Don’t Be Afraid/Your Wonderful Parade / Goodnight /Get Together/Ticket to Ride/Someday/All of My Life

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Close to You/Maybe It’s You/We’ve Only Just Begun/Reason to Believe

Baby, It’s You/I’ll Never Fall in Love Again

For All We Know/Superstar/Rainy Days and Mondays/Let Me Be the One

Hideaway/Bacharach Medley/Sometimes

Bless the Beasts and the Children/And When He Smiles

Hurting Each Other/For All We Know (reprise)

A Song For You/It’s Going to Take Some Time

Goodbye to Love/I Won’t Last A Day Without You

Rode Ode/This Masquerade

Sing/Yesterday Once More

Fun, Fun, Fun/The End of the World/Deadman’s Curve/Johnny Angel

The Night Has A Thousand Eyes/Our Day Will Come/One Fine Day

Top of the World/ From the Heart Comes the Soul / Please Mr. Postman

Perry Como Medley

Aurora / Eventide / Only Yesterday/Desperado/Solitaire/Trying to Get the Feeling Again

/Goodbye and I Love You

Love Me For What I Am/I Can Dream Can’t I?

Good Friends Are For Keeps/There’s A Kind of Hush

Ordinary Fool/I Need to Be in Love/One More Time

Boat to Sail/I Have You

Superstar/Rainy Days Medley

Hits Medley 1976
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sailing on the Tide All You Get From Love is a Love Song/Bwana She No Home

I Just Fall in Love Again/You’re the One

Don’t Cry For Me Argentina/Sweet, Sweet Smile

Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft

Close Encounters/Star Wars Themes

Suntory Pop Jingle #1/Suntory Pop Jingle #

/Where Do I Go From Here? / Little Girl Blue

When I Fall in Love/ Dancing in the Street

Leave Yesterday Behind/ Honolulu City Lights/ I Believe You / Slow Dance / Touch Me When We’re Dancing / When It’s Gone / Look to Your Dreams

Without A Song/I Got Rhythm/Dizzy Fingers

Ella Fitsgerald Medley/You’re Just in Love

Make Believe It’s Your First Time / Prime Time Love/ Music, Music, Music Bacharach Medley / Those Good Old Dreams/The Rainbow Connection

/Strength of A Woman / Want You Back in My Life Again/

Kiss Me the Way You Did Last Night/ Somebody’s Been Lying / Because We Are in Love / Your Baby Doesn’t Love You Anymore / At the End of A Song/

You’re Enough/Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom