Carpenters at Elvis' concert 1975

Walkinat9

Only a very short bit of audio (at 32:00), but so cool to hear Elvis introducing them at one of his shows in Vegas 😎 :

Elvis Presley - Charlie, Bring Me The Request Box - August 20, 1975 Full Album CD 5 (YouTube)

Great to see 2 Carpenters-related names there; Ron Tutt, who also recorded with Karen & Richard around 1980. And indirectly related is bassist Jerry Scheff, whose nephew Aaron was one of Richard's son Colin's bandmates in the group GNTLMN a few years ago.

I just wish I could hear what Karen said back to Elvis :)

And... always nice to hear Elvis singing a few songs that were hits for Olivia :love:

Greg

Greg

I could only hear the name "Carpenters." Maybe someone can run the audio through some sort of filtering/cleanup software MI5 style to isolate what was said. Kind of cool to know Karen and Richard were able to see a legendary recording artist perform. Very few in that category today.

Only a very short bit of audio (at 32:00), but so cool to hear Elvis introducing them at one of his shows in Vegas 😎 :

Elvis Presley - Charlie, Bring Me The Request Box - August 20, 1975 Full Album CD 5 (YouTube)

Great to see 2 Carpenters-related names there; Ron Tutt, who also recorded with Karen & Richard around 1980. And indirectly related is bassist Jerry Scheff, whose nephew Aaron was one of Richard's son Colin's bandmates in the group GNTLMN a few years ago.

And... always nice to hear Elvis singing a few songs that were hits for Olivia :love:

Greg
And Jerry Scheff's son, Jason Scheff, was the lead singer for Chicago for about 30 years. They brought him in to replace Peter Cetera.

I agree, it's very hard to hear what it is that Elvis is saying there.
This is what my ears seemed to hear, but I could be completely off 🙃

There's a group in the audience (and then apparently realizes they're not a group, but a duo)
They're really so nice to think about <mumble> (or: they're really fantastic <mumble>)
Uhm, they've come here to see me tonight here at <mumble>
And uh - will you say hello to the Carpenters, please?
<mumble, sounds like: She looks real great in blue (?) >
<mumble, sounds like: And they're on!>
<mumble>.... Karen?
<mumble>.......brother there?
Miss Karen - is your brother with ya?
(Karen must have answered, but inaudibly)
Oh okay - I'm just checkin'! (somebody calls out: Karen!)
Thank you for comin' in and see the show!

We got a good record out called T.R.O.U.B.L. (somebody calls out with excitement: Karen Carpen..!)

I must say it helped a tiny bit finding that same segment (although slightly shorter) with more treble up, right here (at 33:08) :
Elvis Presley - Top Acts Vol 2 - August 20, 1975 Full Album (YouTube)

Back
Top Bottom