Carpenters box-set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Hey gang,

Does anyone have info regarding the track listing on the new box-set? It would be nice to know what we're in for...

Final listings should be out September 2002 , in the meantime taken from possible tracks that were considered plus Richard C / David Alley January 2002 conversation plus regretably the bulk of "Essential Selection " is the 1991 Box Set revised..... :confused:

Leaving aside the 67 1991 tracks as complete with a few remixes / remasters for some older tracks ? I believe the additional material will include :

From As Time Goes By (2001) :

Rainbow Connection , Leave Yesterday Behind , Dancing In The Street, And When He Smiled , You're Just in Love , Without A Song , Nowhere Man , California Dreaming (8) plus possibly I Got Rhythm and Richard's classic Instrumental Dizzy Fingers : total of 10 non-medley tracks

Possibly Richard may include the Ella and Como Carpenters Medleys .....if Universal have secured worldwide publishing anfd copyright clearances ....as these were planned originally for 1991.....

67 plus 10 ATGB leaves another 10-13 tracks to complete the missing playtime ....

As this Box Set covers 1965-1997 , this should include Karen's Classic "Trying To Get The Feeling Again " (1994) and Richard's homage "Karen's Theme" (1997)....perhaps a few extra solo tracks ?

Extras / Rarities for October 2002 Box Set ( likely inclusions) :

From The Heart (advert) , Morton's Adverts (2 versions) , Radio Jingles(2)1 Spectrum track All Of My Lfe as presented in recent Japanese Special -this version is different to 1969 release , I track from Your Navy Presents (1970) , Good Vibrations / Comin' Thru' The Rye ( 1976 Live outakes with KC/RC) , Overture from Carpenters Concerts :)

Richard and David Alley mentioned these as probable extras , two Studio outtakes may be included depending on space and other tracks included :

Play A Simple Melody ( Richard described this track as perfect for a Box Set release , KC , RC, Carpenters Parents plus Gene Kelly -all add vocals !)

Thank You For The Music ( Studio outtake , not TV performance)

-Both from 1978 recordings / planned 1978 Albums.

These will be interesting rarities , but this is not the Box Set Richard / Universal should have released.

Given the tension between Richard and Universal after ATGB debacle , Universal wanted to release a so -called De Luxe set and have obviously persuaded Richard that a Box Set with a few extras , extra liner notes / photos plus full use of CD track space , promoted worldwide by Universal is this set ...... :sad:

Could be more omissions & additions , we have to wait and see :o

Any other favourite rarities / outakes for Box Set tracks :?:

PJ said:
From As Time Goes By (2001) :

Rainbow Connection , Leave Yesterday Behind , Dancing In The Street, And When I Smiled , You're Just in Love , Without A Song , Nowhere Man , California Dreaming ( plus possibly I Got Rhythm and Richard's classic Instrumental Dizzy Fingers : total of 10 non-medley tracks

The only problem here is that when the proposed track list for a US release came out, "Nowhere Man" was one of the tracks to be deleted. I always found that curious, since obviously it's just a Beatles track that would need licensing, something that occurs quite frequently.

Harry
...awaiting further word on the track list, online...

Harry ....yes very odd decision and the choice of deletions even more odd....who comes up with these ideas at Universal ....a special department with nothing better to do ...... :laugh:

As I remember Nowhere Man , I Got Rhythm and Carpenters / Como tracks were cut for proposed USA release....no obvious links between any of these tracks.....

I would expect Nowhere Man along with California Dreaming to appear as part of Carpenters early years ....

Rhythm and Como Medley may be omitted from the proposed set for length or copyright reasons.....?

Interesting to see the eventual inclusions and omissions :o

Peter....waiting patiently.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom