Carpenters charts information*

Ps it’s number 11 in Sainsbury’s ha!!
I saw that too. Bought my copy for 99p in HMV. I finally used my HMV points and it made me feel better about ordering the Japanese version, the vinyl and the signed photo... all Christmas presents and possibly birthday presents to myself!

I saw that too. Bought my copy for 99p in HMV. I finally used my HMV points and it made me feel better about ordering the Japanese version, the vinyl and the signed photo... all Christmas presents and possibly birthday presents to myself!

I hope you are including a nice bow and a tag that says, "From me, to me." That's what I'm going to do at my sister's house where I'm spending the holiday. Then I'm going to ooh and aah all over it and ask if anyone is jealous of my splendorous gift. Then I'm going to present my sister's copy to her and remind her of her pledge she made years ago that she would use anything I got her as a gift. I took that too far a few years ago with a CD of David Hasselhoff's Greatest Hits, and she is still reeling from that, but this one should soften the blow quite a bit. :b-guitar::b-elvis::b-drums::b-elvis::b-guitar2:

P.S. If we do enough of this multi buying and gifting, it will help those chart positions rise.

Carpenters with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
The chart position in Japan is disconcerting, perhaps puzzling.
The presale orders were quite brisk. It was "trending" this morning on cdjapan.
So, why is it charting relatively low ?
However, I am impressed with its staying power in the USA (#41) and UK (#12) this morning.

However, I am impressed with its staying power in the USA (#41) and UK (#12) this morning.

I wouldn't worry about it. Queen's back catalog resurgence it taking quite a few spots on the charts all over the world at this point. The promo train is working hard to capitalize on the juice from the movie. I wouldn't consider what the chart looks like now to be a let-down as far as sales go, nor would I consider it to be an accurate indicator. If RPO goes platinum in Japan, which I'm sure will be announced shortly, we are doing very well.

The nice thing about the album chart on Popvortex,
is that the Carpenters have TWO albums in the top 100 albums (#41 & #79).
Here it is 2018, Carpenters with TWO different albums in the USA Top 100.
Certainly, the duo garners ever more praise in the annals of pop music history ?

Here:
iTunes Top 100 Albums 2018

Hopefully Richard's current promotional trip to Japan will juice up interest in the album over the next several days.

Latest update from UK Official charts:
10 December 2018 - 16 December 2018
New entries and high climbers

"The RPO are back at Number 5 with their collection with The Carpenters, aptly titled Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra ..."

I’m sure it will peak at #1 at some point before the end of the month.

From Australia:
"Other albums debuting on the chart this week include XXXTentacion's Skins (top five), Coldplay's Live In Buenos Aires (top ten), The Carpenters' Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (top 25), Ice Cube's Everythang's Corrupt and Van Morrison's The Prophet Speaks."

Source:
themusic.com.au/article/e2Jnb26RkJM/the-aussie-tradition-of-michael-bubl-s-christmas-album-going-to-1-is-coming

ARIA Chart Report: This week’s other new arrivals,
#29 The Carpenters with Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Note:
Olivia Newton-John with Friends For Christmas up from #13 to #10.

Source:
mediaweek.com.au/aria-chart-report-december-17-2018/

Back
Top Bottom