Carpenters charts information*

It is a pleasant surprise, especially coming from an album that was released 46 years ago. Summer nostalgia maybe?

The Carpenters were featured in a "Rock Legends" episode last week on AXS TV, maybe they got a spike from some old school rockers who decided to give their music another listen?

Last edited:
There could be PBS stations running pledge drives and the CLOSE TO YOU documentary. That always fuels interest in those local markets. If one or more is happening in a big city, that's enough to register on the charts.

It’s the price! ITunes lowered it to only $4.99, so it’s a really good deal for those who don’t already own 4 or 5 copies........ it looks like UMG lowered the price on lots of greatest hits/best of titles to $4.99.

Top 40 for “Christmas Portrait: Special Edition” on iTunes in the US and Top 100 in Canada! Seriously, by now, it has to be a Christmas Classic by any standard and be up there with Elvis’s Christmas, the Beach Boys Christmas and Bing Crosby’s Christmas albums!

I could not find any version of CP in my local Target. If its a trend all over the country, that's not good for chart action. Weird.

They aren’t carrying it in store this year. I’ve looked several times too. Haven’t looked at Barnes & Nobel yet. Has anyone else seen it in any stores this year? Maybe just iTunes.

Back
Top Bottom