Carpenters charts information*

They have about 18 Christmas titles and a few new releases on an end cap. An 8’ section with mostly greatest hits titles on a fixture, all on consignment with the vendors now. About another 8’ of vinyl and a few inexpensive turntables. It’s sad to see so little anymore. Wish HMV would open stores in the USA. At least in major cities. You Londoners are so lucky.

I haven’t seen either Carpenters Christmas set in Canadian stores in years (CPSE or Collection). And Walmart has really cut back their CD section compared to 10 years ago. My local Walmart has a 4-foot section year-round for CD’s, and now with Christmas there’s been in the Center aisle maybe a 2-foot by 3-foot display with a lot of Christmas compilations from the smaller companies that have licensed old radio and TV audio recordings of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Perry Como, etc.from the respective estates, vs. licensing from the BIG companies the Hit recordings (I.e. Bing’s 1945 “White Christmas”) where the BIG companies would charge more than the small companies could expect to get back on their ROI, but by working with the estates, they could offer a better royalty, but still not pay anywhere near what the big guys want.

Really, Richard needs to work with these smaller companies. Maybe license a track like “Christmas Alphabet”, which he apparently owns and Universal doesn’t, and he could still promote the Carpenters brand.

^^OMG....old age hits again !
Yes, May 2, 2020....I edited the post to correct my mistake.
Thanks !

Ponder how awesome it is that Carpenters (#80) are all over the charts today....May 2020 !

Here is #70 to #90 America Itunes albums:
70+48Styx - Greatest Hits
71+2Red Hot Chili Peppers - Greatest Hits
72+21Neil Diamond - All-Time Greatest Hits
73-8Pearl Jam - Gigaton
74-46Havok - V
75-34Lil Baby - My Turn (Deluxe)
76+26Metallica - Metallica
77+13Various Artists - Vol. 2 Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 2 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
78+3Post Malone - Hollywood's Bleeding
79-2Janet Jackson - Control
80+14Carpenters - The Singles 1969-1973
81-49Indiana Bible College - Victory
82+59The Beatles - 1 (2015 Version)
83+8Simon & Garfunkel - Greatest Hits
84+1REO Speedwagon - The Hits
85+2Various Artists - 20 #1's: Party Hits
86-60Car Seat Headrest - Making a Door Less Open
87-34Drake - Dark Lane Demo Tapes
88+4Taylor Swift - Lover
89+56The Beach Boys - Sounds of Summer: The Very Best of the Beach Boys
90+42The Beach Boys - Greatest Hits

Was down to #23 now back up to #8 on iTunes chart. Plus 2 re-entries on amazon of the ultimate collection and gold reaching #34 and #49 respectively.

In Canada, on Amazon’s Traditonal Pop Chart: the 1998 “Yesterday Once More: Greatest Hits 1969-1983” is at #39, “Christmas Portrait: Special Edition” is at #97, “Christmas Collection” is at #107, “Now & Then (Remastered)” is at #122, “Made In America” (Remastered) is #191

Amazon product ASIN

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom