Carpenters charts information*

Considering that the population of the Caymen Islands is just over 65,000, how many sales would it take to be #1 on iTunes there?

Here's the chart ride of 'Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft' on the charts in Victoria, Australia, at the beginning of 1978.

February 10th, 1978:- No. 37.

February 17th, 1978:- No. 30.

February 24th, 1978:- No 18.

March 3rd, 1978:- No. 11.

March 10th, 1978:- No. 8.

March 17th, 1978:- No. 10.

March 24th, 1978:- No. 10.

March 31st, 1978:- ?

April 7th, 1978:- No. 16.

April 14th, 1978:- No. 21.

April 21st, 1978:- No. 27.

April 28th, 1978:- No. 39.

Part of Carpenters' ride on the South Australian charts for "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft". I don't have the charts from the beginning or the end of the song's chart run.

Thursday 19th January 1978:- No 6

Thursday 26th January 1978:- No 5

Thursday 2nd February 1978:- No 5

Thursday 9th February 1978:- No 6

Thursday 16th February 1978:- No 8

Thursday 23rd February 1978:- No 18

Thursday 2nd March 1978:- No 24

Thursday 9th March 1978- No 29

Just spotted that "(They Long To Be) Close To You " is currently at #1 in Macau (A Chinese special administration region) on iTunes

and also "Gold: Greatest Hits" has re-entered the UK and Philippines Top 30 on iTunes

I’ve not seen anything posted here about ‘Christmas Portrait’ charting over the holidays. Any word on that?

For some reason the Carpenters recording of "The End of the World" has charted in the Top 300 on UK iTunes tonight. #328 when I saw it.

Any ideas why?

I know 328 isn't smashing the charts but when you consider all the current songs charting... and literally every song ever released on digital platforms in theory could chart. So why this one?

This last year in the UK we've seen CTY, WOJB and TOTW chart in the Top 100 (the former two were both certified silver too for 200,000 digital sales)

Nice to see a non-single getting a bit of attention. Has it been used on an ad or something?

It’s because of the tv advert over here which features the song for dominos pizza. It’s not the carpenters singing but did prick my ears up. It’s sung in the same style as the Caroenters sing it!

It’s because of the tv advert over here which features the song for dominos pizza. It’s not the carpenters singing but did prick my ears up. It’s sung in the same style as the Caroenters sing it!
Thanks,

I haven't seen that ad yet. I'll keep an eye out. Hopefully it'll do good for the song like the bank ad with "We've Only Just Begun" which despite not being the Carpenters version, will got theirs to the Top 100 and certified silver.

I've also heard a version (not the Carpenters or Skeeter Davies) on the BBC as background to an ad for a documentary about the climate.

Herb-Alpert-Carpenters-Note.jpg

(Sorry, couldn't resist! :wink: )

Here's an interesting one...

"I Can Dream, Can't I?"

Is currently the No.1 song on iTunes for the Caribbean Island of Dominica

breaking-news-blog-1138x658-1.jpg

Breaking news... iTunes sold a song to someone in Dominica today! Details at 6:00... :D

To put things in perspective, Dominica is one of the poorest islands in the Caribbean, largely due to its being regularly devastated by hurricanes. In 2017, Hurricane Maria destroyed 90% of the buildings on the island, leaving most of the population homeless. Understandably, not a lot of people there can afford Apple devices, and it won't take many sales at all to reach #1.

But hey, Carpenters got a #1! We'll take it regardless! 🥳

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom