Carpenters Collected Coming on Red Vinyl

I noticed for me the red vinyl is about $7.00 cheaper than what I paid for the white. I’m tempted to get this as I doubt we will ever see a red vinyl Carpenters album. I’m still waiting for some reviews on sound compared to the white.

Ebay sellers say it’s a numbered limited edition of 3,000 copies only. So don’t wait too long......

Last edited:
Mine shipped on June 18. I emailed and she said she thought it should have been here by now. I guess I’ll keep an eye out.

Mine got here today. Packaging show 2017 and is exactly like the white. The red vinyl is beautiful. Sort of translucent.
I may not get to listen tonight. I would assume it will sound just like the white, but will listen to a couple of songs on their original vinyl, then the white and then the red ... and report

When my wife finishes with the laptop I’ll download and then upload to my site and share on here.
Jonathan

One picture is the vinyl laid out on the table. There is a reflection of light. The other is held up to the light with the light shining through.

I finally opened my white vinyl copy this afternoon after discovering my other other one, the black vinyl version, is also white. Mine is very clean, very quite and only a tiny bit of noise, little popping at all. The sound isn’t first rate, but decent and listenable. My red version comes Monday, so it will be interesting to hear it to compare. I just read through the White Vinyl thread. I’m sad that Richard wasn’t aware. I can see his distain for the project. Nice to have in my collection anyway. Now I need to find the real black vinyl set.

Ok. I did some listening.

Here is my set-up.
Audio technica lp120
Aiwa receiver from the 90’s (really has a good sound, I think)
Sony headphones

Listened first to Ticket on my original singles 69-73.
Original volume set at 14 with bass boost at 1. Full sound.

I had forgotten that Collected had the 69 version of Ticket.
White vinyl volume changed to 16 and turned bass boost off. Heavy bass.

Red vinyl exactly the same as white.

Then listened to Touch Me.. on original MIA vinyl
Volume set to 15 with bass boost at 1

White and Red vinyl were the same. Volume set at 16. Bass was at 1 but would have been at .5 if available.

So, from my ears on two songs, the white and red are the same mix. I didn’t listen to any others tonight as my son and I are going to watch a movie.

I will say that the red is beautiful and VERY quiet. So if you want a new/different mix, then maybe pass. If you want a cool record and probably the only red Carpenters vinyl ever, then you should buy.

I will listen to both reds another time.

Hope that helps a little. I would think that if the white and red were put to the Audacity test, they would more than likely match.

Jonathan

I got my red vinyl today. I couldn't resist the fact that it was red, I guess. I surely don't need these recordings in any way.

Overall, my reaction is ... meh. The vinyl is pretty clean, the mixes are the same as the COLLECTED CD, which are the same as the Remastered Classics - so overall, my opinion is...wait for it...
It's the best Carpenters red vinyl I own.

Harry
...heading offline in a summer thunderstorm...

I got my red vinyl today. I couldn't resist the fact that it was red, I guess. I surely don't need these recordings in any way.

Overall, my reaction is ... meh. The vinyl is pretty clean, the mixes are the same as the COLLECTED CD, which are the same as the Remastered Classics - so overall, my opinion is...wait for it...
It's the best Carpenters red vinyl I own.

Harry
...heading offline in a summer thunderstorm...
It’s like you read my
Mind.

Back
Top Bottom