• The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available. Use this link to order, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

50th Carpenters COMPLETE - Box Set ideas

GDB2LV

The full details is under the thread Your Carpenters Holy Grail on page 2 August 2014. Posted by Ken Silber.

GDB2LV

Since the rarities thread is closed I’ll give my 2 cents. There are 4 Japanese box sets. The first one had a bonus disc for Honolulu City Lights and Slow Dance. The second one had the mini album covers with Offering, the third was the singles collection on mini 3”discs and the last and most expensive one was the Shmd collection.
As for the neon light, it was made for the Horizon album. It had a holder that displayed the cover. All the Tower stores had them in 1975. My old friend and now video producer with Richard Carpenter, Jim Pierson has one. I’m so jealous.
They are mega rare. You can see Jim’s name on the credits for the Christmas dvd and others made and shown in PBS with the guy who made and produced the 3 cd set for PBS. I hope he can talk Richard into working on more dvd releases. He’s quite knowledgeable and good at it.

GDB2LV

P. S. Jim bought the neon 25 or 30 years ago, not though his association with Richard.
I’ve never ever seen one for sale.

Top Bottom