🥂 50th Carpenters COMPLETE - Box Set ideas

Oh i would die for a DVD/Bluray from the 5 tv specials the did (especially christmas portrait and very first television special!) with a neat booklet with photos the had taken from behind the scenes and a story about the specials and what music it features!

Also it would be incredibly cool to have Karen´s solo album on 180gr vinyl with a gatefold with a great picture from the ¨sexy¨photoshoot.

but i know this is not going to happen but the only thing i can do is hope that Richard heres us!

Oh i would die for a DVD/Bluray from the 5 tv specials the did (especially christmas portrait and very first television special!) with a neat booklet with photos the had taken from behind the scenes and a story about the specials and what music it features!

Also it would be incredibly cool to have Karen´s solo album on 180gr vinyl with a gatefold with a great picture from the ¨sexy¨photoshoot.

but i know this is not going to happen but the only thing i can do is hope that Richard heres us!
Fantastic idea !

I’d like to see alternative mixes included, that may have appeared on one or two compilations in the past, but are otherwise quite rare. Things like Calling Occupants (video version). There would probably have to be several discs of these, in order to collect all of them. The details for each track on the main site list the various versions available, so there would have to be at least one disc per studio album.

I just like the idea of everything ever released, in all the various mixes, in one place. Nothing left out.

There's a VERY rare mix of Occupants which includes snippets of songs made popular over the decades. It was a promotional item only, and it apparently disappeared very quickly. Anyone have more information?

I have the only know copy? I’m sure there are others. Positive Richard does. It’s an acetate pressing, fair sound quality, it smells like acetone. Meant as a demo or test listening album, then usually destroyed. I got it at a record swap in the 80’s for $10. He had hundreds of A&M test pressings for sale. Most were $1-2 About 20% were not labeled at all. I also had a 10” pressing of “Eve” which I stupidly parted with 15 years ago. It was a one sided 10” single. Anyway the CO has a longer intro, about 20 seconds of FM dial searching and snippets of songs. I’ve posted about it a couple of times on other threads. 😉

I posted most on other threads. The acetate cover says July 26th,1977 2nd REF. So I’m guessing it may have been different yet. Maybe different order of songs. The test pressing reads 8/15/77 except corr. 8/29/77
Side 2, band 4 timing. It’s a white generic cover with copy sheet attached to the front. Writing in ink above it says Carpenters ok 9/8
In red ink J744 Rel M 4 48 M 5 4703 underlined 2 times. I have no idea what that means. David Hubert ? signature top right.
The test pressing are pretty much flawless in quality and sound. CO is the 7:07 version, shorter than acetate version a month earlier.
it was released 9/23/77 of course.

Our friend GDB2LV sent these images:
img_2303%20copy.jpg
img_2302%20copy.jpg

Back when we had Hip O Select, this would have been a nice thing for them to do. For those who don't know, they were Universal's "limited edition" boutique label that pressed up small runs of things. I'm not aware that they ever did LPs but they also didn't exist during the "vinyl revival". If they had, they'd likely do a lot of things like this. Sadly, the label didn't survive and A&M/Universal wouldn't be able to make money on something like that at this stage.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom