Carpenters Curios!

Billy Rees

I've been busy cataloging my collection of vinyl and CD's... I came across the 7" UK release of Calling Occupants/Can't Smile that I bought many years ago and forgot that I had... The curious thing is that side A has the label for (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher and Higher by Rita Coolidge! (Side B is correctly labeled Can't Smile Without You...)

When I played it, side A is indeed Calling Occupants... I wonder if it was released into the shops incorrectly labeled like that!

Anyone have any other strange curios like this?

There are often "error" issues of records and CDs where something went wrong in the manufacturing process. I have a Carole King album with nothing printed on one of the labels - it's just blank. Sometimes labels are skewed to one side, sometimes a pressing might even have the wrong song or album side on it. There are cases of stereo albums with mono sides instead.

As with any "collectible", it's worth exactly what someone is willing to pay you for it, and in most cases, it's a lot less than you might think.

I don't think it's worth much, I'm just curious if it could have gone on sale with the wrong label on it...

I've been busy cataloging my collection of vinyl and CD's... I came across the 7" UK release of Calling Occupants/Can't Smile that I bought many years ago and forgot that I had... The curious thing is that side A has the label for (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher and Higher by Rita Coolidge! (Side B is correctly labeled Can't Smile Without You...)

When I played it, side A is indeed Calling Occupants... I wonder if it was released into the shops incorrectly labeled like that!

Anyone have any other strange curios like this?

Fascinating!!

I have the 1996 Japanese CD Single “Ave Maria/Merry Christmas Darling” where the CD label says “Merry Christmas Daring”.

Look even closer at that "Ave Maria" disc. In addition to the title misprint:

MisprintDaring.jpg

...look down below the artist logo. You'll find that it says: "This compilation:ion"

MisprintCompilationion.jpg

Back
Top Bottom