Carpenters Easter Album

tomswift2002

Happy Easter everyone.

Now then I know that the Carpenters didn’t record any specific Easter songs like “Easter Parade” or “Christ Is Risen”, but out of what they did record, what would you include on an album that would be Easter-Spring themed (or I guess in Australia Easter’s an autumn holiday)?

Interesting thread. On one hand, I’d suggest songs from their Christmas offerings that note themes revisited around Easter (e.g., “He Came Here For Me,” “Little Alter Boy,” “O Come, O Come Emmanuel”), but one could also suggest songs that focus on the concept of renewal / new life / etc. Songs like, “Happy,” “We’ve Only Just Begun,” and even “You,” which could be covered by a Christian artist and taken perhaps as a song of “praise" (I suppose “Now” might also fit in that category). The maudlin, “Heather” and “Crescent Noon” could reference Good Friday? That’s only 9 songs. Hmm. At any rate, a good mental exercise, and I hope helpful. Happy Easter.

Given that winter around here is a dreary time of year, I think upbeat, happy-ish songs in major keys would be good. Thus:

Sing
Top of the World
Flat Baroque and Piano Picker (they belong together)
The Yesterday Once More medley
Reason to Believe
Love Is Surrender
Saturday
Sweet Sweet Smile
Jambalaya
I Kept On Loving You

...and so on.

Love is Surrender was a contemporary Christian song of it’s day. They changed a couple of words.
If I remember correctly, it is “you must surrender to His will”

So it would fit on an Easter album.
Jonathan

Back
Top Bottom